B87 Wiring Question

I am in the stage of rewiring the B87,and i have a question.Does all the power run through the headlight switch.Looking at the wiring diagram that Barry has posted here it looks like everything is tired into the light switch.If i was to post a pic of my old wiring diagram you would all think that you were looking at a box of spaghetti dumped out on the floor.I have more wires that don't go to anywheres,then wires that do something.Thanks in advance for any help.

I don't know any specifics about the B81, but as long as the wire that feeds the light switch is heavy enough to handle the amperage draw of the accessories than that would work.

If I were wiring it I would place a fuse block on the firewall under the dash that is fed by a 10 gauge wire protected by a 30 amp circuit breaker which is in turn fed from a battery disconnect switch. The accessories can then be fed from the fuse block. It may not be factory stock, but it is safe and gives you a very clean installation that can be added to as you put new accessories in the truck.

Never run a wire through the firewall without using a grommet and I always solder all connections and wrap them with shrink tubing.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I am doing it wire by wire.Much cheaper.

And a smart way to go. Harnesses aren't cheap no matter what you put them in. I used a multi-meter with a continuity tone when I re-did my Jeep FC-170 one wire at a time. I alligator clamped one end and probed the other until I heard the tone. It saved me time, wire and I found hidden shorts. When I'm pulling all fresh wire and the schematics are muddy, about the best I can do is enlarge the schematic one section at a time on the computer, print it and tape it together. I have one now that covered the dining room table and part of the floor. Since I could almost walk on each circuit, I found the heater short and broken turn signal lug in my B-61 pretty quickly. Hope this helps.

the B model wiring diagram is pretty simple when you break I down and look at it. I rewired mine, got rid of a bunch of bad wires and ran a few extras for fog lights and etc. I stripped all the old loom off and zip tied where the bends and t's were and fixed it wire by wire. all the power originally came in thu the headlight switch I believe for everything.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg