Fifth Wheel Height

Starting to plan (fixin') to build a proper mount for the fifth wheel on the B...laying on the frame, the height is 53 1/4...once I get it up on a plate, that will add another 5/16 or so...the Superdog plate is around 48 off the ground...

I guess my main question is, would these two trucks be able to pull the same trailer? Not sure ho much leeway you have on fifth wheel height!

Also, where should the fifth wheel be mounted, center over the tandems? forward? rearward? I know it has a lot to do the weight and what you expect to pull, just wondering what are the guidlines, I can see myself pulling a trailer, but not any significant weight...

Thanks

Both trucks can haul the same trailers as long as the trailer isnt too high. Our superliner has a 54" height and cant get any lower. We cant use that to pull boxes and gotta be careful with the flatbed. Our r model has a 48 in fifth whee and the only problem with that is the lowbed is to low and we gotta block it up so it really depends on what you using it for. And the fifth wheel should be ahead of the trunnion some so you get enough weight on the front axle.

• Like 2

Matt