2005 CHN613 ASET 427 power/torque/boost loss PLEASE HELP

TorresTransport

Hey fellas been absolutely slammed all three of my youngins had birthdays this week one the 9th one the 11th and one the 23 so 2 this week one next but anyway they are 8 12 and 26 so one big get together my dad was able to make the trip down here to see them my oldest is married and live 100 miles west of me and dad is bout 80 mile east of me so all three of my kids in the same place with grandpa was priceless.. so it takes a bit of time to get approved for an account with hienz and I just didn’t have enough put away to pay cash for anything else found a used front 1/3 of manifold for 150 and since it was throwing fault codes on three cylinders I asked clay to price 6 eups well ended up finding 6 for 2300 bones but they where not in stock so they where ordered Friday that’s the last thing I need and it goes back together manifold and compressor are on just need those eups and gona give it hell and and then pray a bit 

dont replace the EUP's..!!!!   check the engine wire harnes first..  the wires at the EUP's  are bent around the EUP, and the insulation cracks open..  Please take the time to remove the EUP wires and inspect them for cracks..  EUP's are tough...  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Artful dodger said:

Ok will do thanks Joe headed out there now I’ve cleaned the contacts on them I didn’t see any bad wires but I’m gona look again now 

Yup!  when you got three you likly got a wiring issue Joey Is all over this Take heed!

• Haha 1

I looked at eup wires till my head spun off fellas a couple questionable but not on the cylinders that where throwin faults is there a way to test these to see if they are working right. Also found out compressor that was on truck was not the correct compressor and found out there is a check valve in the fitting that goes into the block on the fuel return line whoda thought right so finding a 45 degree fitting with a check valve in it that fits is yet another egg hunt lol 

I believe it's a Pressure Regulator on the fuel return. Maintains fuel supply pressure in the block gallery to keep fuel pressure adequately supplied to the EUPs. 

Probably a few different air compressor brands that are interchangeable. If it's operating well and the truck's air system maintains air pressure safely then run it.

On 5/12/2024 at 5:50 PM, Joey Mack said:

dont replace the EUP's..!!!!   check the engine wire harnes first..  the wires at the EUP's  are bent around the EUP, and the insulation cracks open..  Please take the time to remove the EUP wires and inspect them for cracks..  EUP's are tough...  

Yup and if you insist on changing pumps use new bolts to install! also you need to install Cal codes into the computers brain if he doesn't have the VMAC 3 software on his lap top you my need to go to a shop that does so write down the numbers off the pumps and there location so it can be done!

• Like 1

Hey fellas it’s late but I can’t find a bare wire or broken one anywhere we have looked got magnifiers and looked again the guy doin the work for me since I’m dealing with dad got pissed at me today for asking to many ? I guess thought I was questioning his ability I was not I was just curious spent time with dad today good visit so since I can’t find a bad wire I’ll replace the eups don’t wana but way I see it is it’s apart where we can get to them if put back together and it’s still throwing codes then I would have to have truck down again to take it all apart and change them anyway lose more days of work which I believe this happened so I could be with my dad so I’m not gona complain.. once it’s together is there anything else I need to do adjustment wise or anything I am gona take fuse panel on the firewall  drivers side apart and clean everything again just to be sure 

9 hours ago, Artful dodger said:

Hey fellas it’s late but I can’t find a bare wire or broken one anywhere we have looked got magnifiers and looked again the guy doin the work for me since I’m dealing with dad got pissed at me today for asking to many ? I guess thought I was questioning his ability I was not I was just curious spent time with dad today good visit so since I can’t find a bad wire I’ll replace the eups don’t wana but way I see it is it’s apart where we can get to them if put back together and it’s still throwing codes then I would have to have truck down again to take it all apart and change them anyway lose more days of work which I believe this happened so I could be with my dad so I’m not gona complain.. once it’s together is there anything else I need to do adjustment wise or anything I am gona take fuse panel on the firewall  drivers side apart and clean everything again just to be sure 

so don't ask any more questions of him! I know what its like to have someone breathing down your neck! Make sure he replaces the bolts and make sure to get the cal numbers  off the new pumps and their  locations if he doesn't have the Mack soft ware!

• Like 1

Ya I do too and I honestly haven’t even been around him except one other time since he has had the truck and try to keep my distance. Great mechanic but has never laid eyes on this particular Mack engine it wasn’t multiple ? I asked it was 1 but it’s ok and yes the cal numbers and locations are being put in he has software for that.  Cross fingers we are done today 

1 minute ago, Artful dodger said:

Ya I do too and I honestly haven’t even been around him except one other time since he has had the truck and try to keep my distance. Great mechanic but has never laid eyes on this particular Mack engine it wasn’t multiple ? I asked it was 1 but it’s ok and yes the cal numbers and locations are being put in he has software for that.  Cross fingers we are done today 

👍

3 minutes ago, Artful dodger said:

Hello fellas Fjh, joeymack, Hienz .

i appreciate what you all did for for me stickin with me on this last ordeal I know sometimes im not easy to deal with being full of questions all the time and pretty ignorant to Mack’s in general . I did however learn a great deal about what I have what can and can’t be done with it what shit is actually called instead of my outstanding descriptions of parts..   we finished up used front1/3 of manifold $200 compressor with gear $1600 6 new eups $2300 and studs and gaskets a whopping $1300.00 new air filter new airline out of compressor new fuel return line . I know that I probably could have got some stuff cheaper from Hienz but I didn’t want to aggravate an already uneasy situation so I just stepped back  i  think it was a good decision..guy workin on it  did a  very good job  so we have hauled a bit with it and  more lag or delay in the throttle response no more smoke air is clean and dry turbo spooling up well climbed a hill this morning that 2 weeks ago with 18 tons in the bed I had to climb in 3 rd gear walked up it this morning in 6 th so power is better 

Good job hope it stays that way!

It's no skin off my back, just glad you're able to get the truck going again. I was gung ho about it until I realized I wouldn't be able to sell easily to someone I know only through a forum. I'd say it may be best to have your shop look into setting up an account with us or their local dealer, especially if they see a lot of Mack's newer and old. I haven't been in the best spot to try and help out on this forum, all last week I was the only shop parts guy here and was wide open all week.