END673 Starter Problem

Hi, hoping I can get a little info, I have a "58" Mack B67-T ( I just got it a week ago) and sometimes when it is shut off, it will only click when you try and start it, but if you get under the truck, and turn the flywheel an inch or so, it will fire up, I assume the Bendix drive is hanging up? Is there an easy fix for this, or is it new starter time?

Thanks

Keith

post-6848-0-89313400-1408399511_thumb.jp

Maybe a flat spot in the starter?? I had more than a few vehicles that needed rocked or hit with a 2X4 to start.....too damn cheap to replace a starter lol

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

While I was looking my truck over yesterday, I was trying to determine whether or not it had been converted to negative ground, since it has had an alternator put on it The positive battery cables go to the solenoid on the starter, and the negative cable is going to a lug on the front of the starter? Still confused, is the front of the starter used as a ground? I would assume that the one going to the solenoid would be the hot cable? Also noticed the alternator belts are ridiculously loose, this may be my starting issue, low voltage.