B61 Rear Lights Question

My B61 is a 1961 single axle. Not sure if it came with lights on the back from the factory, but it had 3 rusty, rotted lights on it when I got it. I replaced the 2 outside lights, got them hooked up and are good working signal lights. The wires on the center light were rotted off, so i can't tell what or where they were hooked up to. Did the trucks from the factory have a brake light? If so, where do the wires run to? Or was this just a red light that came on when you turn on the head light switch?

most early b models had them outside the frame on stands. the same cast stands used on fire trucks. they never lasted, and were in the way. most I have seen in factory pictures just had tail lights as most single axle were hooked to a trailer and Mack didn't put signal lights on the front or back of B models until late 1960 or 61. the taillights were mounted on small pieces of aluminum channel from the factory. I made some brackets to put my signals on the back above my tail lights with spacers. I can take a few pictures if youd like.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg