Rim width question

The build sheet for my B , (11R x 24) lists the wheel rims as 14QJ314P3. In checking by position, I have 8.25's on the front and 8.25/8.0 on left rear and 8.0/7.5 on right.

For sure the 7.5 has to go but any thoughts on having 8.25/8.0 as a combo. I assume worst case is I will not have same tire heights. Also, are wedges unique to a specific rim width?

Thx

It may change the tire profile somewhat.

There are indeed a bunch of wedge depths available depending on rims, spacer widths, etc. It seems that "most" rear wheel wedges are OK if there is an air gap between the heel and spoke. Or if there is contact between heel and spoke, it is reached with about 80% of the final torque value which is around 200-250 ft lbs.

http://truckhub.us/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/Euclid100DWheelAttachingPartsX-Ref.96161249.pdf

Check pages 44-51.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

It may change the tire profile somewhat.

There are indeed a bunch of wedge depths available depending on rims, spacer widths, etc. It seems that "most" rear wheel wedges are OK if there is an air gap between the heel and spoke. Or if there is contact between heel and spoke, it is reached with about 80% of the final torque value which is around 200-250 ft lbs.

http://truckhub.us/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/Euclid100DWheelAttachingPartsX-Ref.96161249.pdf

Check pages 44-51.

thx Jim-good info on the Euc site. Also did not know that the gap WAS acceptable.

Hey big RED make sure your tire to spring clearance is good and that your tires don't rub together on the bottom when loaded or you will side wall fail or.

EJ- that has never been a problem. I thought I had a spacer width problem then Danny Melone spotted that 7.5 rim on the outside. And the rears are all relatively new caps and you can see the height difference. I also can't get the wobble out of that wheel but I will worry about that once I replace the rim.

A 8.5" rim has a smaller diameter tha an 8". An 8" rim will fit on a rear spoke meant for a 8.5" but an 8.5 will not fit on a rear spoke meant for an 8". If you put an 8.5 on a front spoke meant for an 8, it will go on but the dogs will not sit right. The 29k and 35k single rears take an 8.5 wheel.

Brian

A 8.5" rim has a smaller diameter tha an 8". An 8" rim will fit on a rear spoke meant for a 8.5" but an 8.5 will not fit on a rear spoke meant for an 8". If you put an 8.5 on a front spoke meant for an 8, it will go on but the dogs will not sit right. The 29k and 35k single rears take an 8.5 wheel.

Brian

Thx Brian- it is an "X" with a 29.

Went through this on my R. It had a mixture of 20 (tube-type) and 22.5 (tubeless) rims on it. Some were 7.5, others were 8.0, and still others were 8.25.

Took them all off, and put on 22.5 X 8.25s. Used same spacers, hence same clamps.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Went through this on my R. It had a mixture of 20 (tube-type) and 22.5 (tubeless) rims on it. Some were 7.5, others were 8.0, and still others were 8.25.

Took them all off, and put on 22.5 X 8.25s. Used same spacers, hence same clamps.

Thx- I'm sure I should bite the bullet and do same-while the remaining good 24's are still around.