BC Big Rig Show, Chilliwack BC

BC Mack

Damn Murphys Law put a truck show within 200 miles of me and I have to stay home and work! but I can make one 2000 miles away, go figure. looks like some nice iron showed up and that B might be too nice to drive, the Hayes just don't look right with out being parked on a patch of dirt. thanks for rubbing my nose in it!

thanks for rubbing my nose in it!

you're welcome..!!!

the B73 was built up by owner Dwight Clark of Fort St John BC, waaaay up north, he did ALL the work by himself but the paint. It hauls a 4 horse trailer with his living quarters, I doubt if he sleeps in the bunk on the B.

if you want Hayes and Pacifics... there is a small show for them in Cache Creek BC on 26/27 July...... or... the next Big Rig show by the same organisers as Chilliwack is in Red Deer, Alberta, 16/17 Aug and draws in more vehicles .

I won't apologise for the two Petes... all cabovers are ok for me, even P...t. The owner uses the nearest one for play to haul an RV trailer and the other for work doing heavy haul out of Grand Prairie Alberta, oil, gas and coal related work. He drove down to last years show by car and was so impressed he brought the two trucks and his lowbed this year.

as with most shows around here, this was a blend of business in the region as it is not primarily a vintage truck event... heavy haul and logging is over 30% of the show, the crew from the Discovery TV show "Highway to Hell" were there selling overpriced shirts and hats... and I noticed there were no dump trucks there but was told the "wrap around stetson" guys come late just to do the "truck light show"... :whistling:

BC Mack

• Like 1

the Hayes just don't look right with out being parked on a patch of dirt.

not too many places to go to see Hayes trucks without a big boat ride to Vancouver Island.... for you, hwy 5 north from Osoyoos up to Kamloops, turn left.... pics of last year's show in Cache Creek..

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/32108-truck-show-cache-creek-bc/

small crowd but stuff you don't normally see.

http://cachecreektruckshow.org/

BC Mack

• Like 1

On 7/6/2014 at 10:15 AM, BOB DINGSDALE said:

BC mack The 58 Dodge D700 is owned by Vic Rowlinson of Port Alberni.Has Hemi gas job in it.The LTL is also a Port Alberni truck owned by Ross Stevens all new running gear.did you take the Bus or Cruiseliner?.Don't forget ours on labor day weekend

I spoke to Ross for a while... also met him last year at Cache Creek and gave him some info he needed on Telma retarders, another project looming..!! the Dodge looked interesting, and there was a blue Ford F600? near to it... nice to see those "no longer seen" trucks on collector plates.

the Scenicruiser is about 18-24 months from the road, 2 days a week is all I can spare... the Ultraliner hit my pocket book on Friday, went shopping at CBS parts, I need a cheaper hobby...!!!!!

there's a possibility of me driving over for one of your shows... put it down as a strong maybe but ferries are always an issue..

have you been to the Nanaimo Mack dealer lately? his Superliner is finished and he bought a Sabre (Whistler) E9 MH for restoration.

BC Mack

Edited by BC Mack