Need help IDing this 5th Wheel

The tag just states the S/N

By the bolt on the front, are you saying the rod that sticks out of the front?? I'll look again, but I didn't see any threads on it.

I was thinking tha adjustment was the bolt just in front of the crotch. But then there is another bolt at about 2 o'clock from the crotch??

Edited by Brandt

This looks like it operates on the same principal as the k-hitch ones we use down here in Australia. If it does, then there is a block that slides down between the jaws once they lock around the pin. Once again, if it does use the same design as the k-hitch ones then there is no adjustment but it's a simple rebuild, only 3 parts. Sorry I can't help with what make it is.

The Holland rep came back and said that it is a Dayton Walther fifth wheel. Apparently Fontaine owned the name in 1987 and Holland sometime after that. I think parts support is pretty thin right now - except in Europe where they seem popular. They also seem popular with the US Military. Of course the gov't would buy them - overpriced and no parts support (or very expensive part support)!!

No problem yet. It came on a dolly that I bought. I plan on pulling a pup with it and wanted to know how to adjust it before I went to pick up the pup. I'd hate to travel the 400 miles to the pup location and find out it doesn't lock up or is adjusted too tight.

As long as it works, I'll keep it, until it doesn't. At that point, parts may be impossible to find and I will replace it w/ one from a salvage yard.

I noticed a difference between mine and yours.

post-14557-0-16107000-1402721800_thumb.j

I have a tab on the front to prevent any accidental uncoupling.

post-14557-0-70290200-1402721927_thumb.j

It's attached by a chain to the handle. They are really simple design (I like simple things) and shouldn't give you too many dramas. If you uncouple a fair bit give it a bit of grease on the block the that locks the jaws.