Steering Wheel

Recently purchased a 1965 B-67 & hoping to restore. Truck has manual (not power) steering & 20" diameter steering wheel in very rough shape. Would like to replace wheel - any idea where to get one?

Also this truck is like ones I drove in 1968-72, which had a pale green interior. Would like to re-paint this one to match. Anyone know exact paint color?

Thanks for any help, WC Hall

post-17463-0-73859200-1397228392_thumb.j

• Like 1

I repaired the Steering wheel in my 41 Chevy Convertible and another for my 1963 Corvan with the Eastwood's Steering wheel repair kit. Works very well if you follow the directions to the letter. I double cleaned the cracks to be sure. Paul

http://www.eastwood.com/master-steering-wheel-repair-kit-w-instruc.html

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

From Barry at Watt's Mack. Mack interior green.

Omni PPG acrylic enamel #MAE45735 (Profit reading # 1335)

Original is Kirker # 812 (812A).

You can check it out on the site wiki.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/tutorials/article/45-b-model-interior-green-paint-code/

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Go to more reply options when you need to copy or cut and paste.The last 3 "boxes with brown envelopes" above this area are for: plane text, exact copied text and the last is to attach photos from what ever service you use. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I have had good results with sandblasting the cracks (the wheel has a steel core) and using a plastic bumper filler after I have V'd out the cracks. You can then prime & repaint.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Go to more reply options when you need to copy or cut and paste.The last 3 "boxes with brown envelopes" above this area are for: plane text, exact copied text and the last is to attach photos from what ever service you use. Paul

I tried a bunch of ways and bailed on IE and went with Firefox and the link posted first time. Go figure? Firefox seems more customer friendly.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.