Hi, im fairly new to this but i have a 1982 U686ST that im slowly starting to restore. I was just wondering what the engine size is? It is intercooled and has the original engine in it. Any information on this truck would be apprieciated. Thank you

Send an email with your serial number to Don Schumaker or give him a call, have the SN handy to give to him or whoever answers the phone, and request copies of your factory archives. There is a 6-8 week wait due to numerous requests and limited (volunteer) staffing. You will receive a very large and heavy box in the mail FOR FREE. When you do receive it, make sure you send them a donation check, and don't be cheap- you'll understand when you see what they send you.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I did brakes on the old girl today and had trouble finding the correct front brake hardware kit. It is the stock backing plate and the parts guy told me that I would have to change the backing plate because they don't make this style anymore. Is this really true? I ended up finding the kit just thought it was weird that they wouldn't have these anymore. Anybody else have this problem?

I did brakes on the old girl today and had trouble finding the correct front brake hardware kit. It is the stock backing plate and the parts guy told me that I would have to change the backing plate because they don't make this style anymore. Is this really true? I ended up finding the kit just thought it was weird that they wouldn't have these anymore. Anybody else have this problem?

If you are going to restore an old Mack, you have come to the right place. Learn these two valuable resources:

1. The list of vendors (that have NOS and old, serviceable Mack parts and components) that the Mack Museum has (I believe it to be on their website.)

2. Get Watts Mack's phone number (Or find Barry on here) and program their number into your phone and/or his email address.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS