2008 28th Annual Atca Antique Truck Show At Macungie, Pa

Diesel Duke

June 13-14, 2008 The 28th Annual ATCA Antique Truck Show and Flea Market at Macungie Memorial Park, Macungie, PA (near Allentown). Feature trucks this year are H-I-J trucks. For more information get a copy of Double Clutch Magazine, or call the ATCA Office located in The Boyertown Museum of Historic Vehicles at 610-367-2567, or e-mail at office@antiquetruckclubofamerica.org, or go to the website at www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org. Bring your truck and have a great weekend with some old friends and meet some new ones too! For Flea Market Registration contact Al Whitcomb, 309 Euclid Avenue, Ambler, PA 19002 or call 215-643-3517. Craft spaces contact Flossie, 103 Skyline Lane, Duncannon, PA 17020 or call 717-834-5088. Truck Show Registrations contact Mike Caskinette, 4165 State Highway 310, Norfolk, NY 13667 or call 315-705-4420 or e-mail b61macks@yahoo.com. New this year is the ATCA Family Reunion, for info contact Terry or Janice Rubendall at 610-589-4667 @ home or cell @ 484-824-8023 or e-mail bigbrownmule@verizon.net.

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity, is anyone NOT planning on attending Macungie this year due to high fuel prices?? Are you clamping down on any of your other antique show attendance???? The 140GZ Waukesha in my FWD firetruck is thirsty, and the kids need to eat......So the firetruck is going to be sitting a lot this summer....... :angry:

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Just out of curiosity, is anyone NOT planning on attending Macungie this year due to high fuel prices?? Are you clamping down on any of your other antique show attendance???? The 140GZ Waukesha in my FWD firetruck is thirsty, and the kids need to eat......So the firetruck is going to be sitting a lot this summer....... :angry:

I spoke to many fellow antique truckers about this very topic, and most said they will pick and choose what shows to attend...Macungie to most is a "will never miss" on most lists.

FWD, just kinda thinkin' like Hellertown is what, about 18 miles from Macungie.... 36 mile round trip...even at $5 per gallon, at let's say 4 MPG, that's around $45 for the weekend in gas. Just thinking out loud, sorry.

Oh dont get me wrong.....Macungie is too close to me, and too good NOT to go to. But there are other shows, such as firetruck musters that I will have to say no to. The fire company that originally owned my piece is having a parade on May 31 and they asked me to attend, hard to say no to, but it's about 45 miles one-way, and I'll have to feed it. I wanted to take in the annual show at Sayre's International in Conshohoken, Pa. but thats one I'll fuggeddabout in lieu of Macungie.

There are lots of local car shows that I always go to, less than 20 miles away. But of course I always like the big truck shows and fire musters.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dont get me wrong.....Macungie is too close to me, and too good NOT to go to. But there are other shows, such as firetruck musters that I will have to say no to. The fire company that originally owned my piece is having a parade on May 31 and they asked me to attend, hard to say no to, but it's about 45 miles one-way, and I'll have to feed it. I wanted to take in the annual show at Sayre's International in Conshohoken, Pa. but thats one I'll fuggeddabout in lieu of Macungie.

There are lots of local car shows that I always go to, less than 20 miles away. But of course I always like the big truck shows and fire musters.

[i have to agree with you there, I wouldn't miss Macungie even though I have to drive from Willow Grove, PA. which will probably be the only truck or car show outside of Bucks or Montgomery Counties for me, especially with these high gas prices. Out of curiosity, where is that parade you are referring to on May 31?. I also have gone to some of them and remember seeing the 1958 FWD before. /quote]

[i have to agree with you there, I wouldn't miss Macungie even though I have to drive from Willow Grove, PA. which will probably be the only truck or car show outside of Bucks or Montgomery Counties for me, especially with these high gas prices. Out of curiosity, where is that parade you are referring to on May 31?. I also have gone to some of them and remember seeing the 1958 FWD before. /quote]

Bryn Athyn Fire Company will be having a housing parade for their new 2007 Spartan/Toyne Pumper on May 31. Lineup is at the Bryn Athyn Elementary School on Tomlinson Road. Parade steps off at 12 Noon. You may have seen the truck in the Cheltenham Car Show, or perhaps the Pa. State Firemans Assoc. Parade in Conshohocken 2 years ago???? I have also had it in the Bucks County Firemans Assoc Parade in Quakertown. I have a list of local car/truck shows if you are interested, PM me your email address.

Whereabouts in Willow Grove are ya from? I was born & raised in Bethayres. If you have been around long enough you may remember my father parking his F-Model tractor at Chucks Gulf at Huntingdon Pike & (lower) Welsh Rd.

Bryn Athyn Fire Company will be having a housing parade for their new 2007 Spartan/Toyne Pumper on May 31. Lineup is at the Bryn Athyn Elementary School on Tomlinson Road. Parade steps off at 12 Noon. You may have seen the truck in the Cheltenham Car Show, or perhaps the Pa. State Firemans Assoc. Parade in Conshohocken 2 years ago???? I have also had it in the Bucks County Firemans Assoc Parade in Quakertown. I have a list of local car/truck shows if you are interested, PM me your email address.

Whereabouts in Willow Grove are ya from? I was born & raised in Bethayres. If you have been around long enough you may remember my father parking his F-Model tractor at Chucks Gulf at Huntingdon Pike & (lower) Welsh Rd.

[i'm a native of Abington, currently residing closeby to The Willow Grove Park Mall, just off Old Welsh Road. Thanks again for answering my question. With today's high gas prices, I've got to stay close to home,too. My e-mail is johnmcglu@aol.com, thanks again. /quote]

Just a reminder, there are deadlines for the preregister only areas at the ATCA National Meet. If you are planning on attending, check the show info on preregistration for camping, Truck Corral or Flea-Market. There is a sign up sheet for the Friday night ATCA Family Reunion, last year was a blast, we want to see you there this year!

Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

• 1 month later...

Hold up Randy! The ATCA National Meet is 2 weeks and 4 days away, June 13 & 14, we'll be setting up starting Wednesday. If anyone can spare some time to help that weekend, please see someone at the registration booth. Thanks, Doug

I still have too much to do to ignore the additional 4 days!

Hold up Randy! The ATCA National Meet is 2 weeks and 4 days away, June 13 & 14, we'll be setting up starting Wednesday. If anyone can spare some time to help that weekend, please see someone at the registration booth. Thanks, Doug

I still have too much to do to ignore the additional 4 days!

Doug- What time can I show up on Friday? If I get there early enough I'll help out for a bit.

Doug- What time can I show up on Friday? If I get there early enough I'll help out for a bit.

That would be great! We need all of the help we can get. We'll be registering trucks sometime before 8:00am. We will gladly accept a hand from anyone, there is always alot to be done. Thanks, Doug

Well, it looks like I'll be attending my first Macungie show and camping out on my way to NY to visit relatives. I got an email that the guys from Massena will be attending and one of them told me to get my butt to Macungie with my truck. Well, as Doug knows, it's only partially my truck :rolleyes: so I will just be there to BS with the rest of ya'll and get ideas on what to do with mine when it arrives. :D

I'll end up saving fuel in the long run as I had planned on going all the way up to Massena to visit Dan and Mike and some of our old neighbors. Guess the neighbors will have to hope for the fuel prices to at least stabilize before I make another run up there. :(