Pto light comes on and disables throttle pedal

Go to solution Solved by Macktech689,

Maybe someone can help. I have a '09 Pinnacle CXU 613 that derates everytime I go through slush or a puddle of water. The pto light comes on the dash, I tried to reboot the ecm by shutting the ignition off and restarting the engine but it won't restart as long as the pto light is on. I'm thinking it might be a loose or corroded wire in the harness somewhere.

And I thought cats were afraid of water,my mud puppy can't stand it either.

Any help on where to look or what wire to rip out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

there should be no factory wiring for PTO as it is a aftermarket add on.. I would look at how the pto is hooked up it may be wired backwards for the light or cut into a sensor wire for your fuel peddle.. check the ground wires for the PTO also as it has happened to me in a fr---------r.. we found that the shop installed it had the light hooked to the lighter for the light

when i go through a puddle of water, a live wire shorts out somewhere underneath the truck making the ecm believe that the pto is engaged. the icon on the dash "PTO" lights up and derates the engine. I do have a pto installed but it is aftermarket and not wired through the ecm, and while engaged it has never turned on the PTO icon on the dash. Is there a factory PTO wire in the dash or in the wiring harness that that I can disarm as I don't need it to operate my aftermarket blower pto?