Harry T. Campbell Mixers ?

Hi guys, I've been lurking here for quite awhile and finally have something I hope someone can help me with. My father drove a concrete mixer for Harry T.Campbell (finishing with Lafarge) for close to 40 years. I'm having a "First Gear" die cast B-61 mixer custom painted like his first truck to give to him as a gift. Does anyone have any photos of any Harry T. Cambell's trucks? Dad was never much of a photo taker and I can't seem to find any on the internet. Harry T. Campbell's ran almost exclusively Macks and was based out of the Baltimore MD. area. Their trucks were red before they merged with Flintkote and went to blue. Their trucks were known for having "Watch that Child" on their front bumper.

Dad started and finished his career driving a Mack and wouldn't drive anything else. He even threatened to retire early when they tried to give him a new International.

I hope someone might come up with some photos or possibly steer me in the direction where I might find some. As far as I know there is no company archives. Any help that you can provide is appreciated.

• Like 1

I have an ex-Campbell mixer truck. It is a 1966 B 61S. It was built all red with a black frame according to the information I got from the Mack Museum. It belonged to two other concrete companies before I bought it. It does have yellow spoke wheels, but they may have been painted later in the trucks life. I'd be interested to see a picture of your finished product! Steve

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I have an ex-Campbell mixer truck. It is a 1966 B 61S. It was built all red with a black frame according to the information I got from the Mack Museum. It belonged to two other concrete companies before I bought it. It does have yellow spoke wheels, but they may have been painted later in the trucks life. I'd be interested to see a picture of your finished product! Steve

That's pretty cool that you have an ex Campbell's B-61. You are correct about the paint colors. They were very sharp trucks in their day. I seem to remember Dad's trucks had black wheels with yellow pinstripe spokes.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

I grew up in Baltimore in the ‘60s and remember the red cement trucks from Harry T Campbell - they were beautiful with lettering like a fire truck.  I’ve searched the internet for pics of info on the company with no luck.  I remember talking to one of the drivers who had a nice looking pair of Wellington boots - he said the company gave them all a new pair every year.  Must have left an impression because I still have a pair of Wellington’s that I wear.  

• Like 2