MH Grille NOS Parts

farmer52

Desperately needed...NOS upper LH and RH grille sections for my MH. The original Mack part numbers are 6MF530M and 6MF531M. I been told by my dealer these are superceded by a "new design" and must order all six (6) sections ($1200+). I have the other four (4) sections (NOS) and need these to "match".

Any help locating and obtaining these parts is GREATLY appreciated.

TIA,

Ken

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

UPDATE on grille parts from Mack contact.....

The new design is really not a "new design" but the grille sections are ALL BLACK with NO CHROME. So that is why you need to buy all six (6) sections if you want them to match. Wonderful....just f'in wonderful!! very%20mad.gif

So I am back to ground zero. Does anyone know of a business that can "re-chrome" plastic parts?

Also, if any Mack dealers are on BMT, do you have any old stock of 6MF530M and 6MF531M sections (NIB - new in box)?

HELP! mol.gif

• Like 1

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I received a quote from Paul's Chrome Plating in Evans City, PA. This business was recommended by the Mack Museum. Anyway...quote is $400-$500 per section for rechroming. WOW!

So I am still looking for NOS upper left and upper right (6MF630M and 6MF631M) sections. Or if you have used that look new, let me know. Until then I will keep the original (?) cracked and faded grille. Maybe I could paint the grille black, light blue, dark blue, or ?????

Ken

I received a quote from Paul's Chrome Plating in Evans City, PA. This business was recommended by the Mack Museum. Anyway...quote is $400-$500 per section for rechroming. WOW!

So I am still looking for NOS upper left and upper right (6MF630M and 6MF631M) sections. Or if you have used that look new, let me know. Until then I will keep the original (?) cracked and faded grille. Maybe I could paint the grille black, light blue, dark blue, or ?????

Don't paint it!!

Much better keep it as is.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012