374 To The Wheel On 460xt

I recently got the rods and mains replaced on the old girl (2001 CH613 460xt Pedigree) it dynoed at 374 hp to the wheel. Well, the 460 xt is rated at 493 and the wheel hp should be 394.

I was thinking about getting high torque injectors, 20%. Has anyone bought these injectors from northwest truck in Edmonton, Canada.

Is there any other tricks out there to get the ponys out of this motor?

HP is at the flywheel on Macks. On the dyno Mack had the" 80/20" rule. You should get 80% at the wheels, lose 20% through the drive train. Last week we had a 2006 CV with a 460 and it only put out 322HP at the wheels which was very low, should have been around 365. Turned out to be weak injectors. We have a couple of 460XT's CL's around here and the guys love'em.

I never really looked up the specs of the 460XT till now, but this morning I was checking out the 1999/2000 Mack tune up specs manual and the reugular 460 and the 460XT have the same HP "487" but the XT has 1760 ft. lb of torque and the regular 460 has just 1660 ft. lbs of torque. Make sure your turbo boost is between 27-35 psi under a load, with closer to 35 the better and fuel pressure going into the block around 100 psi, Mack has a 100 psi fuel valve, we put them in all the time. A good injector shop can add a little flow to your injectors, we use United Fuel and Turbo in Birmingham Alabama.Keep your air filter changed, watch your pryometer and make sure the hole in your hood is lined up with your air filter housing so your not sucking in hot engine bay air.

• Like 1

I never really looked up the specs of the 460XT till now, but this morning I was checking out the 1999/2000 Mack tune up specs manual and the reugular 460 and the 460XT have the same HP "487" but the XT has 1760 ft. lb of torque and the regular 460 has just 1660 ft. lbs of torque. Make sure your turbo boost is between 27-35 psi under a load, with closer to 35 the better and fuel pressure going into the block around 100 psi, Mack has a 100 psi fuel valve, we put them in all the time. A good injector shop can add a little flow to your injectors, we use United Fuel and Turbo in Birmingham Alabama.Keep your air filter changed, watch your pryometer and make sure the hole in your hood is lined up with your air filter housing so your not sucking in hot engine bay air.

pro68 the xt file will let em make 40 psi on a cool day! 35 is bottom spec for a truck with the XT program!Those puppys haul ass!Any trucks we have had with that file in the program made 35 psi on a bad day.If you were lucky enought to have gotten one of these trucks keep it!

NEVER EVER have the eecu reflashed Cause you WILL NOT get the same engine file! I beleive it has been removed from exsistance!

pro68 the xt file will let em make 40 psi on a cool day! 35 is bottom spec for a truck with the XT program!Those puppys haul ass!Any trucks we have had with that file in the program made 35 psi on a bad day.If you were lucky enought to have gotten one of these trucks keep it!

NEVER EVER have the eecu reflashed Cause you WILL NOT get the same engine file! I beleive it has been removed from exsistance!

anywhy?....EPA :angry:

This is true, dont reflash the eecu, Mack has a voluntary recall on alot of trucks in the 1999-2000, they offer you a free oil change if you come and let the dealer reflash/reprogram the eecu. More EPA bulls**t

• 9 years later...