New Format For Bmt Sucks

Dale Hamilton

Yup- it used to be that I'd check several times a day and new treads would appear all day long. Now its so damn compartmentalized you have to check several categories and even then the general discussion has only a new thread every day or so- AND THERES NO DISCUSSION. Anybody else disturbed> Any chance we could go back to the on category "serves all" style?

Dale, there is an easy way to make sure you don't miss any topics...

At the top of every page is a link that says "My Assistant" Click it...

Then Click the link that pops up for New Posts. It will also show replies to any topics that you have started.

After clicking the link, a page with just the new replies will pop up...it doesn't matter what forum heading they were posted under...they will all be here for you to view.

Hope this helps...Most people are very happy with the new format and it promises to be a vital source for antique truck information in the near future...that is why we have it split up the way it is.

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

to each his own Dale... but I like this format as your options are great.. the old board limited your options and there was no search function. As far as people posting topics or replys you are wrong about less peopl using this board..infact more people are posting and replying. The old board you were lucky to get 2-3 a day..now we are getting 5-8 per day. Besides just because we have only thing I dont like is that you are limited to posting pics.

on a side note. I think Barry has done a great job setting up a place for us to talk about Mack stuff. We use this board for all sorts of truck stuff and Im glad he made this availible to us :thumb:

Thanks Barry!!

Hi

I have posted more on this board than the on the last. At first I had lots of problems with logging in, but that has not been a problem for a long time. I have to say a first I hated it, but in retrospect it has been a change for the better. I like the Avitar on the side, I can tell who is who very easily now.

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

"View new topics" works great to! David, I think your browser settings are changed somehow, because the Assistant window should open on the top of the bigger window. Trent, I'll have to talk to you about images...there shouldn't be any limits on quanity or size??

Thanks for the great comments, everyone! This forum is for you guys, we try to give you what you want! It's been said lots of times that you can't make everyone happy, though!! LOL :D

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK