B model paint scheme question

Im not sure what color to paint the B. im leaning tword black fenders and gray cab and bed, but what are some orig. color schemes or were there any "regular" two tone paint on the b models. I know red with black fenders and green with black fenders were orig or at least i think so. Im open to any bodys input and thoughts

Im not sure what color to paint the B. im leaning tword black fenders and gray cab and bed, but what are some orig. color schemes or were there any "regular" two tone paint on the b models. I know red with black fenders and green with black fenders were orig or at least i think so. Im open to any bodys input and thoughts

CountryBoy,

Most B Models were a solid color from the factory, more for the early year models included the frame being the same color as the body. As years went by the change was made to paint frames black and have another color on the body. Ok, with that in mind companies would buy possibly a fleet of trucks and had them painted the color or colors they desired. Chrome was a like able option and many decided to have a chrome radiator shell installed or even a chrome bumper. It is and was whatever is liked by the owner or owners.

Hope this gives you some idea.

mike

Mine was red and I think I'm going to do all red with a black frame and maybe silver wheels. Orange is my next thought but I get lots of cringes when I say that. Look at pictures on line (google works) and find something you like. You own it...paint it the way that makes you smile.

I know it's a tough question....

Good luck

I googled and say a pic of a b model painted for overnight and i thought the gray looked good. Now orange can look good if its done right now i think like blaze hunting orange my be a lil over the top but if you youtube mack coal trucks there is a slideshow of a rd800 that is all orange cab frame daytons bed everything and on the cab protector it says in cursive (i think) orange blossom special and it looks really nice

My B-model came from the factory with the black fenders and chrome radiator shell and all red frame to match the cab. When we restored the truck we changed it up and went with Mack red for the cab and frame and fenders, but painted the hood and top of the cab from back window up black. Was down this way as a personal preference.

post-13513-0-35043800-1382030073_thumb.j

• Like 2