B61 Lover, Old Retired Farmer, Newbie Here

cayoterun

Hello,

First time here. Drove road trucks in the early '60s. Was around B Models, both tri-plex and duplex. Always liked the trucks. Moved to farm in western Okla mid '70s. Used a '64 B Model, duplex, single axle for years hauling farm machinery locally for own use. Two sons grew up with the truck, now one of them wants to find and restore a B75 with a modern drive line under it.

I've restored 9 late 50s-60' convertable cars, 2 old travel trailers, and now working on putting a 1964 GMC V-12 propane motor in a one ton truck. All as a hobby.

I like the idea of him wanting to fix up an old B75 to road worthiness, so have found this site looking for info and learning what you guys are working on. He is a road driver now, but both of us will be reading this forum.

Now retired, rented out farm, but still live here and have the shop to tinker in.

Looking forward to learning what's going on in the old B Models world.

Thanks,

Cayoterun

Hello,

First time here. Drove road trucks in the early '60s. Was around B Models, both tri-plex and duplex. Always liked the trucks. Moved to farm in western Okla mid '70s. Used a '64 B Model, duplex, single axle for years hauling farm machinery locally for own use. Two sons grew up with the truck, now one of them wants to find and restore a B75 with a modern drive line under it.

I've restored 9 late 50s-60' convertable cars, 2 old travel trailers, and now working on putting a 1964 GMC V-12 propane motor in a one ton truck. All as a hobby.

I like the idea of him wanting to fix up an old B75 to road worthiness, so have found this site looking for info and learning what you guys are working on. He is a road driver now, but both of us will be reading this forum.

Now retired, rented out farm, but still live here and have the shop to tinker in.

Looking forward to learning what's going on in the old B Models world.

Thanks,

Cayoterun

:WELCOME: aboard. this is a great site for any questions or help you need plus barry can get you all kinds of parts for your "B"

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

Cayoterun,

You might contact B61 Fred on this site.

He has several B73 or B75 trucks that he might consider selling.

All are in need of restoration, but have decent sheet metal, if my memory is correct.

And, he is in southern Indiana, which isn't too bad for you.

Good Luck!

Paul Van Scott

I'll try to find B61 Fred. I'm not familiar with this site navigation yet, as well as not too good with computors.

All my son really cares about is good cab and sheetmetal. He wants to hide a late model driveline under it, slick it up real nice, and go turn some heads. I've always liked fixing up the old iron and now both my sons have caught the fever. When we finish one, we want to use and enjoy them.

Thanks,

Cayoterun

Welcome to the site Cayoterun. I've seen you on the 67-72chevytrucks site also. How's that v-12 coming along? Always look at truckpaper.com sometimes b models appear around your way or relatively close. Good Luck

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Welcome to the site Cayoterun. I've seen you on the 67-72chevytrucks site also. How's that v-12 coming along? Always look at truckpaper.com sometimes b models appear around your way or relatively close. Good Luck

Thanks for the welcome. NoClueJoe66

Been slowed down on the V-12 lately. Had two family funerals to attend in NM.

Have the motor up and running pretty good, just trying to match a clutch/pressure plate, and 5over tranny. Meantime, been taking trucks apart. The direction we're going now, we'll use a '72 Ford 159" wb frame & suspension, '62 GMC cab/front clip, & 9' flatbed. Not too crazy about the twin-I beam, but in good shape and cheeep. This truck won't be driven very much anyway.

If anyone here has an extra 5spd overdrive, 1 1/2" 10 spline /w a 1" pilot input shaft tranny, I'd sure be interested.

Thanks,

Cayoterun

If anyone here has an extra 5spd overdrive, 1 1/2" 10 spline /w a 1" pilot input shaft tranny, I'd sure be interested.

Thanks,

Cayoterun

Sounds like you are getting something together there. Sorry about the funerals they are tough to get through. Try posting this in the wanted section you would be suprised what will turn up.

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy