Pictures of the Week

other dog

I took a nap for about 4 hrs. at Flatwoods, took this night shot when I got up. Found the camera has a "night landscape" setting. I never did actually read the instructions, maybe I should do that sometime. I'm pretty well pleased with it so far though.

attachicon.gifdscn0096.jpg

Excellent night shot. Maybe I should read my camera's manual.

95-100mph.... :o

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Were you Flatwoods last night? From where you're parked you'd be looking at the back half of my trailer.

I was last at the store in Gormania in '06 or '07. I spent the night in Oakland and woke up up to 6' of mid-October snow. I was supposed to go to Davis but gave up on that and decided to take 50 east towards Winchester. Got to Gorman and looked across the state line and saw that WV was in much worse shape than MD. Pulled into their lot and hung out until dispatch came up with a game plan. Spent about an hour and half at the store, observing and shootin' the $#!t with the employees. Good people.

Jim

Were you Flatwoods last night? From where you're parked you'd be looking at the back half of my trailer.

I was last at the store in Gormania in '06 or '07. I spent the night in Oakland and woke up up to 6' of mid-October snow. I was supposed to go to Davis but gave up on that and decided to take 50 east towards Winchester. Got to Gorman and looked across the state line and saw that WV was in much worse shape than MD. Pulled into their lot and hung out until dispatch came up with a game plan. Spent about an hour and half at the store, observing and shootin' the $#!t with the employees. Good people.

I was there Thursday, from about 4pm. until a little after 9.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

We are here in Flatwoods now. looking at the old yellow iron across from the flying peelot. Should of went to the gomart. hell didn't plan on staying in the truck but every place is booked for the weekend whoda thunk the mountaineers could bring in that much of a crowd or maybe it is the visiting team

Yeah well hell we are still here. Wish the old truckstop was here.

I missed your post earlier. Unfortunately you're also competing with oil and gas workers who have been a boon to the motel industry, many of whom don't go home every weekend.

I was also sorry to see that truckstop replaced by a Pilot. The restaurant had excellent food and low prices and the motel was clean. I also stayed once at the one across from the GoMart. You have to park at the GoMart and walk up the hill but it was also cheap and clean. I didn't look last night but I know it was open recently.

Jim

I missed your post earlier. Unfortunately you're also competing with oil and gas workers who have been a boon to the motel industry, many of whom don't go home every weekend.

I was also sorry to see that truckstop replaced by a Pilot. The restaurant had excellent food and low prices and the motel was clean. I also stayed once at the one across from the GoMart. You have to park at the GoMart and walk up the hill but it was also cheap and clean. I didn't look last night but I know it was open recently.

idk a bunch of stuff going on. Usually even with the oil industry we can find a room. but damn not this weekend. anyway it is cool and have not idled lastnight and tonight. But probably going to idle tomorrow as it will be warm.

Yeah well hell we are still here. Wish the old truckstop was here.

me too. I used to stop and shower at John Skidmore's, last couple of times I went over to the Pilot there was nowhere to park, I just head straight to the Go- Mart now. Stopped there more anyway, usually just run in and grab a sammich and a coffee and hit the road, fuel there sometimes.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Liked the pics Tom & as I said on FB If you wanted to see A lot more goats you need to come to Goat Days here in Millington 1 year .

They just had this years goat days this weekend & finished up yesterday .

They even have the fainting goats there . ;)

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

More Earl Paddock grizzly pictures, from the interweb.

attachicon.gifearlpaddockhomeHeader2.jpg

attachicon.gifearlpaddock.jpg

I always liked their color scheme,they used to run some double bunk cabover KW's that were really sharp! I used to see their trucks a lot,not so much anymore.......................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Other Dog......you must be one sick puppy for not stopping for the blonde!!!

If I saw her, I would have just jumped out of the truck!

The truck would stop .......eventually...... maybe....... I hope.

Sort of looks like Courtney Force ran out of nitro for her flopper.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Poor girl! Steve McQueen musta' run that Mustang outta gas!......................................................Mark

Beat me to it!

If that's the scene I think it is, he missed the right turn and was backing up to clear the curb.

In the scene prior at the same intersection, Bill Hickman got loose in the Charger and hit a parked car, knocking out a camera in the process. I thought it was pretty neat that nothing was edited out.

• Like 1

Jim

There's been some downtown construction in Gormania since then. this pic. was taken in April,2012-

attachicon.gifgormimg_1991.jpg

Now there's a big building there.

attachicon.gifdscn0145.jpg

I like that big wooden building there, just neat looking. Wonder what it was?..feed store/jailhouse...general store...mill?..who knows.

Looks like it's gonna be a big wooden pile if it doesn't get some attention soon. Hopefully they expanded the store. Ain't much else going on in that town.

Saw this girl by a Mustang fastback holding a gas can in Winfall yesterday when I was going to Rustburg. She might have been out of gas or something, I don't know,didn't stop to ask.

attachicon.gifHwinfallimg_4548B.jpg

She's doing a pretty good job of balancing on one leg.

Jim

Beat me to it!

If that's the scene I think it is, he missed the right turn and was backing up to clear the curb.

In the scene prior at the same intersection, Bill Hickman got loose in the Charger and hit a parked car, knocking out a camera in the process. I thought it was pretty neat that nothing was edited out.

Cool movie for sure! and i'm right there with you on the editing,if you watch closely,the Mustang is damaged,then its not! then the Charger blows off a couple hubcaps,next scene their back on! and they musta passed that same white VW Beetle 10 times! But still one of the alltime great movie car-chases!...................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.