Guess

Joeyk3d

And fingerless driving gloves, hate ta get a blister on our delicate palms.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

LOL! I love the retards that want to know how much to slide tandems to "get legal" when their a thousand pounds over gross!...........................................Mark.

And your sitting there 10k over gross and there 100lbs over on an axle asking if the scales open. I just smile and don't say a word.

Not many truck drivers left guys, but they make more steering wheel holders everyday.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

84superdog you are completely right. Had a driver come to me and asked me to look at his leveling valve at a horizon right before the scale....

Well a leveling valve and a diagnosed crunched differential. I looked over at his exhaust, I warned the driver it's safety week here and he proceeds to tell me his own me mechanic rerouted his exhaust to under his truck.

I asked where? He showed me none other than.......... The blow by tube and told me some people queue in on the radio telling him his truck is on fire....

I just got paid and walked away....

84superdog you are completely right. Had a driver come to me and asked me to look at his leveling valve at a horizon right before the scale....

Well a leveling valve and a diagnosed crunched differential. I looked over at his exhaust, I warned the driver it's safety week here and he proceeds to tell me his own me mechanic rerouted his exhaust to under his truck.

I asked where? He showed me none other than.......... The blow by tube and told me some people queue in on the radio telling him his truck is on fire....

I just got paid and walked away....

LOL. Just last week a guy came in loaded and asked for a clutch adjustment. So we adjusted his clutch and checked the freeplay. The driver stalled the truck three times before finally getting the idea that he needed to ease off the pedal and creeped it away.........We knew he was starting in too high of a gear.

Then we had a guy call in telling us he couldn't turn his truck off, he came to our shop and I went out and pulled the stop knob. He gave me a long blank stare and asked me how I did that. Apparantly that was the first time he drove an older mechanical pump truck.

Jeff - The Bulldog Doctor

:mack1: Master Technician

LOL. Just last week a guy came in loaded and asked for a clutch adjustment. So we adjusted his clutch and checked the freeplay. The driver stalled the truck three times before finally getting the idea that he needed to ease off the pedal and creeped it away.........We knew he was starting in too high of a gear.

Then we had a guy call in telling us he couldn't turn his truck off, he came to our shop and I went out and pulled the stop knob. He gave me a long blank stare and asked me how I did that. Apparantly that was the first time he drove an older mechanical pump truck.

seen both of those first hand, a couple times, when I was working at Howard Baer in Nashville they always stalled the truks after a clutch adjustment, and the stop knob was a common thing on older trucks at a quarry around here for a few years, theyd get on the radio and say my truck wont shut off, so I would look over and see an older Mack,KW, etc and say pull out on the red knob........... silence.

Ran wrecker in the winter time for a local guy for a couple years. The easiest dumb thing was one night after alight freezing drizzle about 3 am I get a call semi stuck a our local food store, when I show up there's the truck parked in the middle of the parking lot, just to get an idea its a realy big parking lot with a couple ways in and out. so I rap on the door guy gets out of the bunk so I say are you the on that needs help yes I can't get up the in cline to get out of this exit so.I Say why don't you go out on of the lower exits? He's quite for a few seconds, didn't think of that thanks. Then he goes do you know how to change wiper blades? why not he's already paying for the call so i change them for him. I know it was simple but I still think about him in winter. He drove for Star they had white trucks red letters out OH or iN this was in the early 1990's

Nice!