...a Little Help

oh ok, Thanks !!

I think that will help me try to figure out my electrical issues, as far as eliminating what wire does what!

Thanks for the help!! :thumb:

Is it imperative that its covered? I would imagine the elements cant be too good for those small wires.

I always wondered the same thing...why truck MFG let the wire ends live in the exposed weather conditions. even the R models have the main cab junction block on the fire wall ON THE OUTSIDE!!!!???

However I am suprized how long they last! My B model had lots of spliced wires but the ends were fine. the only problem I found on the ends were when I tried to remove them from the studs..and the studs were correded or just would spinn in the jct block. They make a junction block with a rubber grommet and a cover with a rubber seal. I saw one on the internet for hot rodders and want to get a few for both the R and B model

I always wondered the same thing...why truck MFG let the wire ends live in the exposed weather conditions. even the R models have the main cab junction block on the fire wall ON THE OUTSIDE!!!!???

However I am surprised how long they last! My B model had lots of spliced wires but the ends were fine. the only problem I found on the ends were when I tried to remove them from the studs..and the studs were corroded or just would spinn in the jct block.  They make a junction block with a rubber grommet and a cover with a rubber seal. I saw one on the internet for hot rodders and want to get a few for both the R and  B model

if there is a trailer supply place close utility etc. they should have what you need at a pretty good price. I buy lots of stuff from Utility, air, elec, and load securement they are usually well stocked with just about anything you need and cost less than the truck dealers :thumb: Doug

• 6 months later...

However I am suprized how long they last! My B model had lots of spliced wires but the ends were fine. the only problem I found on the ends were when I tried to remove them from the studs..and the studs were correded or just would spinn in the jct block. They make a junction block with a rubber grommet and a cover with a rubber seal. I saw one on the internet for hot rodders and want to get a few for both the R and B model

When it comes to the exposed wire terminals and the terminal strips on the firewall and anywhere else, I have always used some 3m liquid electrical tape...... It does a hell of a job on keeping corrosion down.... walmart carries a brand of the tape, but it isnt as quality...... the terminals arent what you check; the corrosion usually is inside the wire next to the connectorjust dab some liquid tape on the connector and you'll rarely have a problem..

Erik