In the dump truck business

It was one of those deals where my son and I are grinning ear to ear on the way home thinking " I can't believe we got this truck for $500" and the guy we bought it from is standing there in his driveway grinning ear to ear thinking " I can't believe they gave me $500 for that truck"

I've done a lot of those deals,they are the best!

i remember when we could buy up (my grandfather and I) old B model parts trucks for 250-1200 a truck. god the good old days. now everyone around these parts sees shit on tv or the want ad and they think their junk has gold frame rails

How I miss those days...There were many "decent" trucks for 500-2500- in my area for many years,all gone now :( .

yup same here in upstate Ny. about every B model I knew about 10 years ago is long gone now and if we didn't buy it it went to scrap or might as well have. I remember we bought 2 B42S's 1963 and 64 with heavy front axles for $100 and $200 a piece about 10 years ago.. both had excellent cabs and 80 grand on the clocks. were site trucks all their lives but just beat.also bought a few B61 parts trucks for two and 300 bucks a piece. those were the good old days.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg