Engine Swap to industrial 400 Cummings

I was looking at a 1968 truck and the engine was swapped out for an industrial 400 Cummings. I thought industrial engines were not meant for use in on road applications because of rpm, torque, hp issues...

Was not able to take a test drive but it runs well.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Industrial does not mean power in any way. The industrial cummins in the older engines was same as auto engines with different timing due to what it was being used for. They will have a MVS governor but that can be used for automotive use.

So what you are saying is if I buy this truck with the industrial engine, I would not have any issues with lack of power band/rpm range pulling a load?

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

A industrial engibne built by cummins is in most cases large HP but not always. It could be simple as a 270 HP .If you will get me the serial # off of the block or data plate I can tell you more about it. The early engine was a 6 digit # stamped in the block in front of the air comp. The later engines was on left side below rear head in block but a 8 digit #. all #s are stamped not cast.

glenn akers