Hydraulic cylinder rebuild kits

Deere Mack

Good evening! I'm in the middle of rebuilding all the cylinders on a Deere 200C LC (yellow Hitachi with Deere stickers) and my mechanic only orders direct from Herculie's and the kits are 2 weeks on back order (give or take, go figure). I'm curious of a retailer that might have them in stock or another brand that would be as good or better, so I want have to spend twice the money at Deere. Any tips on a good online retailer and other brands will be a huge help! Thanks!

I understand being cheap but at what cost. bite the bullet if online doesn't have them. By the time you factor in fluid loss and possible burned up pump, It will cost you more then getting them then. Only ran Cat OEM when we had machinery and now with my truck only Cat touches the engine.

• Like 1

I understand being cheap but at what cost. bite the bullet if online doesn't have them. By the time you factor in fluid loss and possible burned up pump, It will cost you more then getting them then. Only ran Cat OEM when we had machinery and now with my truck only Cat touches the engine.

Not trying to go the cheap way out, to much trouble to tear down four cylinders and go cheap. I feel the same way about certain things with Deere, but there is almost a $1k difference between hercules and deere for all four kits. I've had several mechanics, including my deere field mechanic say the hercules is just as good if not better in seal kits. But there no good if there not available!

Just got a lead on these guys http://www.hddistributors.com Fingers crossed!

I get my kits for Deere equipment from Nortrax in LaVergne TN and they are consistently 20+% cheaper than ordering them thru James River Equipment which is the CSX preferred dealer.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Of course I call their excavators Yellotachi's, it fits and makes people wonder what the hell I'm talking about so I like it.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I can't do it myself but with a couple of my guys. The only thing I worry about is getting them off the body which can be a touchy situation. A number years back a kid down here had a one ton Ford dump truck and he got the big idea of changing the hydraulic hoses from the pump to the cylinder without blocking the body. I don't need to continue the story.

RONCETTI

Multi stage cyliners are a pain, I take em to a hydraulic shop it's worth the money. Oh and if it starts leaking again you can take it back, if you do it its your baby, and all your wasted money and time.

• Like 1

With a 5tn crane id pull the body and use the time the cylinders were out to give the body a good once over for cracks and such, maybe even paint!

With a 5tn crane id pull the body and use the time the cylinders were out to give the body a good once over for cracks and such, maybe even paint!

I would if I had an overhead crane that would lift it.