Oil In Exhaust 673

95k1500

My "B" with an END 673 engine will blow oil out of the exhaust. When I got the truck this problem was not evident. The engine ran fine, and still seems to run fine and strong. The truck has really not been driven in a number of years. Not long after I had purchased the truck, I had to relocate it to another home. This was about a six mile ride; during the ride it blew oil out of the exhaust. It ended up all over the windshield of my pickup which was following this ride home. So the question is... what could be causing this? What is the cure? Is it anything to be worried about? Is it just a product of sitting for a long while? Some other info...the engine is a remack installed 6-72 unkown miles, but believed to minimal, no water in oil, etc. Any info would be great! Thanks!

Dave

I forget if your engine has a turbo but that much oil it can only be the turbo! Don't know the seals would go out from just sitting

cuz they are metal ring type seal. If you don't have a turbo the oil rings are gummed up and need to be unfrozen, either by driving or oil additives or the unthinkable (inframe)

I forget if your engine has a turbo but that much oil it can only be the turbo! Don't know the seals would go out from just sitting

cuz they are metal ring type seal. If you don't have a turbo the oil rings are gummed up and need to be unfrozen, either by driving or oil additives or the unthinkable (inframe)

The engine is a non turbo. I would like to think, the rings would be gummed up as you said. I would hate to have to inframe, but now is the time to do so if needed.

Any other thoughts?

Dave

The engine is a non turbo. I would like to think, the rings would be gummed up as you said. I would hate to have to inframe, but now is the time to do so if needed.

Any other thoughts?

Dave

I think I would try some additives at this point and a good hard run. product called rislone comes to mind!How much idling has it done?

I think I would try some additives at this point and a good hard run. product called rislone comes to mind!How much idling has it done?

It has had some idling, I know that is not good for them. Most of its run time has been in and out of the building. Usaully try to bring throttle up if it is going to sit and run.

Dave

I was thinking about the sea foam, as an additive because I happen to have a couple of cans the the shed!

Dave

What is the sea foam that you use. When we used to have this problem from excess idling in a paddock loading bags of potatoes. we used to drop the oil out and do about a thousand miles with Castrol hydraulic oil in the motor. This used to bed the rings in again. The other way to cut the glaze was to put a couple of teaspoons of Bon Ami cleanser into the inlet manifold while the engine is running. You cant do this too often as it will wear the rings out. The old Caterpillar books used to describe this in detail. If your rings are totally gummed up, some of the newer additives would be better. Heavy work is the best cure.

Michael.

What is the sea foam that you use. When we used to have this problem from excess idling in a paddock loading bags of potatoes. we used to drop the oil out and do about a thousand miles with Castrol hydraulic oil in the motor. This used to bed the rings in again. The other way to cut the glaze was to put a couple of teaspoons of Bon Ami cleanser into the inlet manifold while the engine is running. You cant do this too often as it will wear the rings out. The old Caterpillar books used to describe this in detail. If your rings are totally gummed up, some of the newer additives would be better. Heavy work is the best cure.

Michael.

I have seen that done many years ago when the engines had a ring break in problem even seen fine dust off of top of stove used. glenn

glenn akers