Hale 750 Pump discharge handle and dump valve parts needed

markanello

I'm in the need of a discharge knob/handle lever for a Hale 750 pump that's on my 1958 Mack C85...also need the adjuster handle assembly that would fit onto what was know as an intake 'dump valve' that was commonly used on FDNY rigs from the late 50's thru the late 70's. That valve is located on the lower rt side of the pump panel, many were mounted under the right side of the pump panel running step. All I have is the 2 1/2 fine threaded pipe that the handle assembly screwed onto.

It is not unusual that the handle from the Ross relief valve is gone. Most of the time the shop removed them to keep the driver from closing them in cold weather to prevent icing. The shop was more concerned about the intake pressure and the driver was more concerned about slipping on the ice.

The Hale handles are pretty common. If Randy doesn't come through I think I can find some, but they will need to be plated.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

The Hale handles are pretty common. If Randy doesn't come through I think I can find some, but they will need to be plated.

I can get him the black plastic "twist to lock" knobs- new old stock even......Just want to see a pic from him to double check before I waste anyone's time. The relief valve handle I dont know about that but may have a line on that too from the same source.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

That knob/handle is savable. Remove it, buff it out on a wheel buffer, re-paint the lettering with white paint. I did all of mine that way.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

That knob/handle is savable. Remove it, buff it out on a wheel buffer, re-paint the lettering with white paint. I did all of mine that way.

That's the plan....trying to get one that is missing however...

Edited by markanello

YUP. That's the one. I have a source of new old stock knobs. Might even have or be able to get the knob for the Ross relief valve too. I will post the name and contact number later today, don't have it in front of me right now.

Thanks! At this point just need 1 complete lever and knob.......I contacted the Ross company and perhaps can get some parts to reassemble the dump valve so it at least 'looks' complete....Let me know who I need to contact !

Edited by markanello

markanello ,what is the history of your C mack , how did it get to phoenix ,ar. I have visited alan brunicina and his 52 L mack 2 yrs ago when in phoenix.

After F.D.N.Y. was done with it in 1975, Rural Metro FD bought it and assigned it to Green Valley, AZ after painting it lime yellow! It went to private collectors afterwards and the man before me tried to get it back to an F.D.N.Y. appearance. However, the red is too dark and I will have to reinstall many items that are missing...but all in all, it's fairly complete. 2-3 years of work ahead including a complete repaint...

Edited by markanello

Message sent to Lori Rausch. If you dont know her, she is quite well known among Hahn enthusiasts. She worked for the Hahn factory in Hamburg, Pa. and when they folded she worked for East Penn Fire Apparatus for quite a few years. Not 100% sure who she's with now, I think she and a few others may have started their own company refurbishing old apparatus. She has forgotten more about Hahn's than any of us could ever hope to know. I recently connected with her on Facebook and she helped me with a couple of oddball pieces including NOS knobs.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS