Hyundai gets serious about the global market - launches new "Xcient"

kscarbel

Hyundai has introduced the new “Xcient” heavy truck series.

The Xcient represents a 3-year US$179 million investment.

• 10-liter engines up to 414 horsepower / 1,962 N.m torque
  • 12.3-liter engines up to 513 horsepower / 2,500 N.m torque

post-5381-0-30581000-1364780463_thumb.jp

While mindlessly surfing the web, I came across a site that stated that the Sao Paulo, Brazil Fire Department had recently purchased 70 fire engines built

on Ford Cargo chassis. I didn't know that Ford still built the Cargo so I went back to the web and found pictures of 2012-2013 Cargos. To me they look pretty

impressive; very similar to the Hyundai Trago. Between the Cargo and the Ranger, Ford is building some nice trucks overseas. Maybe, someday, as part of

Ford's one world program these vehicles will be available in the U.S.

bulldogboy

While mindlessly surfing the web, I came across a site that stated that the Sao Paulo, Brazil Fire Department had recently purchased 70 fire engines built

on Ford Cargo chassis. I didn't know that Ford still built the Cargo so I went back to the web and found pictures of 2012-2013 Cargos. To me they look pretty

impressive; very similar to the Hyundai Trago. Between the Cargo and the Ranger, Ford is building some nice trucks overseas. Maybe, someday, as part of

Ford's one world program these vehicles will be available in the U.S.

bulldogboy

This page has info on the current Ford Cargo.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/29676-mack-vs-volvo-11-13-16-l/page-2

In every aspect, the cabover is the optimum truck design. That's why it is the most popular heavy truck type in every global region (outside of the US and Canada).

I personally much prefer a COE over a conventional. The MH Ultra-Liner was the Cadillac of yesterday. The new Scania R series and MAN TGX are today the epitome of truck engineering (with a "special mention" to the Freightliner Argosy II) .

I wonder how many Trago's have had passenger side mirrors ripped off. I think U models have shorter brackets.

Brackets dont hang out the side that far, they go out in front so you can see the pass side mirror thru the windshield same as on buses here, all our Blue Bird All Americans have had the mirrors out front for years. They actually just started putting the drivers side on the side of the body back in like 97, (damn I said "JUST" and it was in 1997 makes me feel old I remember it like yesterday, I hated it at first). I have pics, first is the ol 93 model second is a 2010, its actually much better the way they mount them now, I got used to it after a while.

post-5240-0-49168200-1365988128_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-25326900-1365988174_thumb.jp

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

It sure is nice to be able to glance left or right to view the mirrror instead of turning your head a full 90 degrees as on older vehicles.

GMC had forward mounted mirrors on the early Astros, but they slowly disappeared in favor of the standard west coast style.

Jim

The typical European set-up:

Oversize left and right rearview mirrors

Over-size left and right side curb view mirrors (spot mirrors)

Passenger-side wide-angle close proximity mirror (above the door window)

Forward-mounted wide-angle close proximity mirror

All electrically actuated and heated for ease of use and efficiency.

Superb visibility inherent of a COE cab design.

• 4 weeks later...

Mindlessly surfing the web again and I came upon an NPR report on new fire engines needed in Afghanistan. It showed Afghan firefighters training on a fire engine built on a Ford

high cabover that looked similar to the "Xcient". The story said that the engine was American built but the chassis was obviously European. Anyone have information on this model Ford?

bulldogboy

Mindlessly surfing the web again and I came upon an NPR report on new fire engines needed in Afghanistan. It showed Afghan firefighters training on a fire engine built on a Ford

high cabover that looked similar to the "Xcient". The story said that the engine was American built but the chassis was obviously European. Anyone have information on this model Ford?

bulldogboy

Sure, those are Ford Otosan Cargos produced in nearby Turkey. Otosan is extremely dedicated to making Ford Truck a global player again. They don't yet have the product, but they're pushing Bill Ford to make further investments.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/29676-mack-vs-volvo-11-13-16-l/page-2?hl=otosan#entry161033

post-5381-0-72887900-1368231196_thumb.jp