Opinions on what paint to use

I should be spraying the cab, doors, fenders and hood next Saturday. I am planning on using a nason sealer, DuPont base coat, and not sure on the clear coat yet, leaning towards nason because its cheaper but don't want to lose any quality on the clear. figured id ask you guys what your thoughts are on this. thanks

Edited by tippi98custom

I should be spraying the cab, doors, fenders and hood next Saturday. I am planning on using a nason sealer, DuPont base coat, and not sure on the clear coat yet, leaning towards nason because its cheaper but don't want to lose any quality on the clear. figured id ask you guys what your thoughts are on this. thanks

I use to use all ppg products, the nason clear is very good and seems to be holding up better than the expsensive products, and i use this nason on everyday work trucks shines nice and goes on nice.

no I want to do a dark hunter green body, silver bumper and radiator, dark maroon brush guard and shutter stats and hub caps, green spokes, silver rims and the frame is gloss black. Down the road I might change the fenders to be gloss black too but not now. also that's what I have been hearing about the nason clear, people seem to like it

I am a professional car painter and can tell you that the nason products are ok for budget projects, they don't have the longetivity or durability that more expensive paints have. Even DuPont products are not that great. Also, you should never mix different companies products. This can lead to major failure and you don't want to re-do it later. If you use nason sealer, you need to use nason base and clear or stick with the same company all the way through the job. If you want the best results, stay away from American paint systems like PPG, DuPont, Omni, or Nason and use european paint like Glasurut, Sikkens, or Standox. These will cost a little more but they will outlast the american stuff and hold a better shine.

I painted alot of bigrigs in the last 20 years, never had any issues with dupont, and believe me nobody wants todo this twice.Personally l have never used the European brands, im sure they are good products, but that nason clear lasts. The last truck i used it on is going on 5 years and looks just like it did when laid it on. You should use at least 3 coats,i go with 4. I used ppg with nn o issues but switched for the price. That last rd mack i did is in use 6 days a week, and doesn't get cleaned like it should, no garaging either! So for a recreational truck you willnot have problems with it lasting.just make sure you use a basecoat\ clear, no single stage, and no mack paint, that stuff does not last long.