To paint the Air cleaner or not to?

Okay so I was stumbling across pictures of people that paint the the air cleaner to match the color of the truck and the straps too. Why do some choose to this vs buying the chrome straps and cap? Also, do i have to buy a cap from mack or does a peterbilt one fit that way i have more choices. Here area couple of pictures i have found to see what your opinions are. Nevermind, i tried posting saved pictures of truckpaper trucks and it comes up blank? Oh well.

post-11750-0-39273200-1362235832_thumb.j

• Like 1

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

You can order several different styles of breather top all you have to know is the intake diameter it goes on then you just stick it on and tighten the clamp, any chrome shop and most parts places can get em. Do you have the 13" or 15" breather? if you have the 13" you can get a stainless breather from a KW or Pete and put it on there you just have to measure to see which one has the right size intake pipe going under the hood I cant remember right now. and before someone says it yes Mack, Pete and KW all had both 15 and 13" breathers but the 15" stainless vortox breather is too tall and wont fit an RD, I already tried that one. I say painted breather with stainless straps and stainless top, I took the stainless breather back off and wen t back to the painted breather after a while I think it looks better.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

oh and if you have the 15" you can get the 13" stainless straps from Mack and then put the 13" stainless vortox style breather on it.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I'm going to need a new used canister. I have the older one with the spring loaded studs on the outside of the canister. I want the newer dual element canister and the last time I was at Mack You could only get the primered ones. Many somebody has a canister and straps for me?? :)

Cheers, Robert