Montfort Lane

storkmack

I just remember my uncle saying,"the Monforts would get on the C B and say,Boys, move on over to the right lane,we're comin' through"! He was in a KW cabover with a 290 Cummins at the time.He told me,he was almost on the shoulder at that time,anyway! :lol:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 11 months later...

Has anyone ever heard the story about the two KW's Monford had with the V12-71 twin turbo's that they were tryin out?? I was told they were monsters but couldn't break 2mpg so they scrapped that idea!! It all came about when Detroit Allison wanted to pair there trans up with a Detroit engine. Also Coors beer co had a fleet of trucks with the big KT Cummins and I remember reading an art. I think in OD Mag. about them havin a KTA 600hp that would go up those W-Coast hills @ 40 plus MPH loaded! back then! today we have trucks that can do this with no prob.

BULLHUSK

• Like 2

I got out in the Monfort lane again the other day, this time with my brand new 85' R. I looked twice to make sure there wasn't any "Big" trucks coming up behind me. I wouldn't want to slow them down.

I do that in my B model, sometimes LOL!! On level ground it will run 75mph with my trailer. I get thumbs up and chatter on the radio when I roll past some large cars cruis'n the slow lane. I use up all 180 hp I got!

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I do that in my B model, sometimes LOL!! On level ground it will run 75mph with my trailer. I get thumbs up and chatter on the radio when I roll past some large cars cruis'n the slow lane. I use up all 180 hp I got!

I was picking up and putting down everything I had.

I got out on the Monfort Lane this morning early. Was nice and quiet out. Was only doing a couple over

now that they've changed the speed limit. Saw alot of sleeping trucks at R-Place in Morris, not much

happening at Ritche Bros., and even saw a Mack out for a ride.

post-13943-0-97493100-1393118454_thumb.j

post-13943-0-58539600-1393118558_thumb.j

post-13943-0-56415200-1393118570_thumb.j

post-13943-0-53560900-1393118577_thumb.j

post-13943-0-90465400-1393118582_thumb.j

• Like 1