Just installed LED turn signals on the RD

So i just installed LED turn signals on the Rd today. They work great but they are very bright when viewing them from in the cab. My old lights were not lit up when the parking lights were on , just the sides were and when you went to use the turn signal it all would light up and flash. Now they stay on and light up and when you use the turn signal they get brighter. Would Red facing me have been dimmer? Is there a sort of film or tape that automotive stores make that i can use to give it more of a smoke effect?

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

I have fathered 5 children with my wife. Some people have suggested that I have a wire snipped in my main terminal. -Brad

Are you growing a family or a squad?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Could you show me what this bottom brow thing is you are referring to? i am thinking of getting some tape that has a film on it that gives it a smoke look. Any ideas?

Just about a 6" strip of 20% window tint across the bottom of the windshield. I don't know if it's legal everywhere. It sure helps in the summertime with glare coming off the hood and at night to shade some of the light from those ultra-bright LED turn signals.post-560-0-54920900-1360378165_thumb.jpg

Jake

Just about a 6" strip of 20% window tint across the bottom of the windshield. I don't know if it's legal everywhere. It sure helps in the summertime with glare coming off the hood and at night to shade some of the light from those ultra-bright LED turn signals.attachicon.gif011.JPG

You saying you get stuck alot with that shackle permenently attched?

You saying you get stuck alot with that shackle permenently attched?

I'm gonna say I've had to have a little ''tug'' maybe 4 times in 3 years? It's never been buried, most of the time I'll back in on wet grass, dump, and then lose traction. Mud's not really a problem with the waste hauler cross lug tires I usually run, but for some reason wet grass is it's biggest enemy. LOL

Jake

I'm gonna say I've had to have a little ''tug'' maybe 4 times in 3 years? It's never been buried, most of the time I'll back in on wet grass, dump, and then lose traction. Mud's not really a problem with the waste hauler cross lug tires I usually run, but for some reason wet grass is it's biggest enemy. LOL

I had a problem Think it was july last year maybe alittle later. Rained like hell the night before and most of the day.Now that it is saturday I make the 250 mile trek to the job. Guy says we are unloading the machine off the side of the trailer. Now mind you this is a PC490 and I got my outriggers out. Told him it would be a cold day in hell. Long story short got to the job went off road enough to get the front of the trailer off the road. Unhooked, pulled away and rehooked. Broke through the grass to the wet clay and it was all over. Got out to the road with the help of a wheel loader and put all my stuff away. Still had half the truck on the road and still had problems getting back out. but was able to under my own power. Wet grass sucks

After careful observation i decided that the orange that comes on the LED lights is too ugly looking (its more of a faint orange vs the oem dark orange) Soooooooooo, i ordered the oem style with the chrome on it! Geez i must just love wasting money. But that faint orange looks bad on white, in the garage and behind the wheel it looked okay, but once i got out and fueled up and looked at it from a distance from both angles i said ( this is ugly, called mack up and found out they make a chrome oem one and another 150 dollars and its on its way lol

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!