Clean R model on Truckpaper

I like the 3 different model #'s posted! What is it? An R690ST (not,they didin't make 'em in '80),R686(not,would have been intercooled in '80),R685ST(I think we have a winner!).Boy is some guy gonna be pissed when he finds out his 355hp R model is really a 237hp R model! :loldude: All in all,looks pretty clean as you said Jake!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Where do they get these people that write these ads? E7 350 in 1980? Looks like a 237. No after cooler? What is a 6 + 2 speed? Is it a R685 or R690? Axles 16 and 44 or 12 and 38?

Kind of like the place down in MS that advertises on Truckpaper. It could be a 1971 R685 with a 237, 5 speed, and 34k slung-under suspension, but it's advertised as having an E7 460 BIG POWER!!!!, 8LL, and 44K camelback HEAVY DUTY!!!!! I still don't know who buys truck there.

• Like 2

Jake

HEY,COME ON....the frame has only got "a 1' crack in it" and it is toward the rear of the truck! Better yet,"NO OIL LICK"! The hits just keep on comin'!! It does have about the most intact headliner on an '80 R model,that I've seen in a lonnnng time,though! Usually the speakers (when it still has them) are hanging down like airplane oxygen masks :loldude: Like I said,looks pretty clean,didn't say it was a good deal!! :thumbsdown:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Comes with your choice of axles too, 12k or 16k front with the also "adjustable" 38 or 44 rears (depending on which country you will be operating said truck in)!! A unique truck by all accounts!!

heavy haul even with a 12" crack in frame. Anytime you put a 3/8"x1/8" male conn the price skyrockets. Maybe if he throws in headlamp grease we can talk.

I was thinking if he fills up the turn signal fluid reservoir,i may go out and look at it,that stuffs expensive!...................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I couldn't resist sending this guy an email and a link to this thread. Here is his responce...........

Hey David

Thanks for the respond to my ad on the truck paper.. in ref to the above subject..., what can i help you.

--

Adam Ddungu,

Trusted Global Trading Inc.

Email: itrusted@gmail.com

Direct: +720-275-9602

Office; +720-6631168

• Like 2

This guy reminds me of an interview with Larry Csonka and Jim Kiick. They were talking about working your ass off moving the ball down the field but they just couldn't get that last first down. So the field goal unit comes on with some "little foreigner" (Garo Yepremian) screaming "I going to keek a touchdown".

• Like 2