Willie Nelson's Biodiesel Fuel

rsmartyn

Willie Nelson started a company a few years ago called BioWillie which produces & distributes Biodiesel fuel. Right now it's only available in Texas & Oklahoma but let's hope it catches on. Let Venezuela & the Middle East drink their oil while we support US farmers!

http://www.biowillieusa.com/inner.php?editorpage=b201

http://illegalfilms.net/biowilliepromo.mov

Ain't a Mack? Take it back!

Willie Nelson started a company a few years ago called BioWillie which produces & distributes Biodiesel fuel. Right now it's only available in Texas & Oklahoma but let's hope it catches on. Let Venezuela & the Middle East drink their oil while we support US farmers!

http://www.biowillieusa.com/inner.php?editorpage=b201

http://illegalfilms.net/biowilliepromo.mov

GO WILLY !!

Personally I think he'd make a great president.

Anyway - I have heard a lot of pros and cons about biodiesel. It is probably becoming more of a practical reality as the technology for production improves. And supporting our own ag-industry is a lot healthier than buying oil from people who want to kill us.

Does anyone have any good information about the use of bio-fuel with regard to seals and gaskets? Any info about performance and cold weather care would be good. (Vegetable oils gel at a fairly high temperature)

Is a percentage mix like B-20 or B-50 better, or can 100% bio-fuel be used? If not - why not?

There seem to be a lot of rumors and stories floating about the use of a new fuel.

And while we are on the subject - how about information as to proper additives for today's low-sulpher diesel in our antique engines? Does anyone have a recommendation?

I think this is important stuff for all of us to hear.

Barry - we might cnsider morphing this topic into a separate forum.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Van Scott

GO WILLY !!

Personally I think he'd make a great president.

Anyway - I have heard a lot of pros and cons about biodiesel. It is probably becoming more of a practical reality as the technology for production improves. And supporting our own ag-industry is a lot healthier than buying oil from people who want to kill us.

Does anyone have any good information about the use of bio-fuel with regard to seals and gaskets? Any info about performance and cold weather care would be good. (Vegetable oils gel at a fairly high temperature)

Is a percentage mix like B-20 or B-50 better, or can 100% bio-fuel be used? If not - why not?

There seem to be a lot of rumors and stories floating about the use of a new fuel.

And while we are on the subject - how about information as to proper additives for today's low-sulpher diesel in our antique engines? Does anyone have a recommendation?

I think this is important stuff for all of us to hear.

Barry - we might cnsider morphing this topic into a separate forum.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Van Scott

Why not i am for willie or some one that will listen to the people . glenn

glenn akers

Dave,

This is an excellent article, Thank You. And the link works fine.

This article confirms most of the information that I have found in bits and pieces over the past couple of years.

Interesting to me that the biodiesel in a fairly low percentage mix may provide the upper cylinder and fuel system lubricity for our older diesels.

However, in higher percentage mixes, it could cause rubber seal failures in the older fuel systems.

There is some real concern about the use of ULSD fuel with regard to the "dry" characteristics of the blend, and the resultant lack of lubricating ability.

I think it's worth more research and actual testing of bio-fuel. I'm going on the hunt to find some locally. There are at least a handful of companies here in Rochester using at least some blend of biodiesel now.

YOU HEARD IT HERE AMERICA - EAT MORE FRENCH FRIES !!

Paul Van Scott

Here is a good article about biodiesel that I found in an ASE Tech newsletter. Hopefully the link works!

Dave

Biodiesel

Thanks for that article Dave, some really good information there. Seems the drawbacks are few compared to the advantages. I have to use conditioners now with the ULSD anyway. The answer to the need for clean dependable sources of fuel will be with the private sector and not big business or bureaucrats.

RSMARTYN,

What additives are you using?

I'm about to put a 'B' on the road and have a Dodge with a Cummins diesel.

Might should be looking to add some good stuff to get things right.

Packer

Hi Packer, The stuff I use is Stanadyne's Performance Formula which puts some punch back in this ULSD fuel. Less smoke, more power and better mileage are the results. I'd really like to try some blended or straight biodiesel instead of this ULSD sludge.

Hi Packer, The stuff I use is Stanadyne's Performance Formula which puts some punch back in this ULSD fuel. Less smoke, more power and better mileage are the results. I'd really like to try some blended or straight biodiesel instead of this ULSD sludge.

With all of the asking around I have done, the general opinion is that, unless you have a fairly new diesel with synthetic seals and O rings in the fuel system, the 100% biodiesel might not be your best option. And the ASE article seems to bear this out.

So, Garth, in your B's 673 diesel with the natural rubber seals and O rings, it seems that a B20 mix might be a good choice rather than synthetic fuel additives. More power, better lubricating qualities and less smoke should result.

In the Dodge/Cummins, however, I think you might want to inquire from a knowledgeable source about a higher percentage mix, or even 100% biofuel. You may find it is still a little pricey. But I can't think of a better cause than to reduce our country's dependency on foreign oil.

It would very interesting to find out what Willie's people are using in their busses and transport trucks. I have heard that it is 100% biofuel, but it's just a rumor. Someone should call him up.

Interesting Stuff.

Paul Van Scott