Well hope these pictures work. Probobly sideways because they are off my phone. I saw this truck, so we pulled into a parking lot behind the truck because the front was all blocked off, hopped out of the truck ran through a foot of snow with my logger boots, jumped over train tracks, ran through a buncha weeds and then to this old R model. I got quite a few pictures so heres a couple. I was looking the truck over and taking pictures while trying not to be seen. Im not putting a location, dont want to get in any trouble....: )

• Like 2

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

location ? Behind the old C Weaver Chevrolet garage on 5A in New Hartford NY. busted haha. there use to be an R700 there and a few DM or U models, yes Vinny, U models, no doors or windshields. they were strictly yard horses , rotted and beat to hell. use to be a few GM Brigidiers there to.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Well hope these pictures work. Probobly sideways because they are off my phone. I saw this truck, so we pulled into a parking lot behind the truck because the front was all blocked off, hopped out of the truck ran through a foot of snow with my logger boots, jumped over train tracks, ran through a buncha weeds and then to this old R model. I got quite a few pictures so heres a couple. I was looking the truck over and taking pictures while trying not to be seen. Im not putting a location, dont want to get in any trouble....: )

You left out the "uphill, both ways" part.

Nice job going the extra mile to grab a few shots of a classic. :twothumbsup:

Any info on the U's? Motors trannys? Etc?

I would imagine that the U models had all those things at one time.

• Like 1

Jim

The door was wide open when I went up to it. The serial tag was gone. I didn't look at the frame though. I was also going to climb up in the cab, but I was afraid I'd fall through the floor, with my luck. Might take a look at it sometime again next time I'm through there. Hope there isn't a stakeout there waiting for me... Thanks to Matt!!!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg