Remember when I said I was jealous of the Mass guys hauling snow. Well WTF? now snow? I want to be landscaping. Between the stupid weatherman and the jackass state guy whole calls us out at the last minute. We got 3 inches in an hour and a half and then another 2. It turned to rain anyway but it was heavy to push. I was in the old girl last night. Chasing the dog's bum again. He really did need a sweater last night. :)

Cheers, Rob

Rob, we are still getting snow here. The wife is working an hour and a half away in Williamstown so she wasn't happy about heading out this AM. The old dog looks great, I like the older R hoods much better.

Keep the snow Tim. I can't get any work done. It's going to be cold for the next 5 or 6 six days so it's not going out so fast. :( That old girl runs great. That truck had everything new in it when Joe bought it. He's just been doing mostly cosmetic stuff to it.

Rob, you're way up there! When I ran for Penske, the furthest I was up that way was Oakland area. Many times to Parsippany and Pine Brook too. Pretty part of the state up that way...... a lot different than my neck of the woods.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

Remember Chuck 287 didn't go all the way up. You had to get off in Montville. That was a pain in the ass for us having to go to Wayne and cut over. We used to do a lot of work in Mountain Lakes and out by Culver Lake in Sussex County. Where is Columbus exactly? It is nice up here but I have to live just over the border I can't afford Bergen County.

Remember Chuck 287 didn't go all the way up. You had to get off in Montville. That was a pain in the ass for us having to go to Wayne and cut over. We used to do a lot of work in Mountain Lakes and out by Culver Lake in Sussex County. Where is Columbus exactly? It is nice up here but I have to live just over the border I can't afford Bergen County.

I remember when Boonton / Montville was the end of the line for RT287. I'm just off of NJTP Exit 7. A stone's throw from Fort Dix. Lot's of farmland but not quite a "piney" either.

• Like 1

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

I remember there was an accident on the Turnpike coming up from my mothers in Blackwood and I had to get back to Silverton and decided to go cross country. I think I wound up by McGuire Air force base. There was some piney areas back there too. And the Jersey Devil. :)

LMAO! geez guys,you're makin' me homesick! not many people outside of Jersey even know what a "piney" is!.................................Mark

HAHA!! It's not a tree.......it's a state of mind! :thumb: LMAO!!!!

• Like 1

As a Long Islander, I was raised in the belief that NJ was just a stinky place one had to drive through on the way to PA. I had no idea about the beautiful hills in the NW an seemingly endless farmland in the south. I wish I'd invested in Hoboken real estate back in the 80's when folks first realized you could see the Manhattan skyline from there.

Talk about homesick. I wish I could re-create the pungent (and possibly carcinogenic) smell of the northern end of the NJTP in the form of an air freshener. It would bring back some great memories.

• Like 1

Jim

Mark, do you have any pictures of the Scara-Mix DM behind the single axle B model?

I do somewhere! i still have a box of pictures somewhere M.I.A that i can't find,soon as i do i'll start posting them LOL!............................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

As a Long Islander, I was raised in the belief that NJ was just a stinky place one had to drive through on the way to PA. I had no idea about the beautiful hills in the NW an seemingly endless farmland in the south. I wish I'd invested in Hoboken real estate back in the 80's when folks first realized you could see the Manhattan skyline from there.

Talk about homesick. I wish I could re-create the pungent (and possibly carcinogenic) smell of the northern end of the NJTP in the form of an air freshener. It would bring back some great memories.

Easy! 1 part PSE&G re-generating plant,1 part Hess Oil Refinery,1 part Meadowlands standing water,1 part Anhueser-Busch brewery,mix all ingredients together,shake well! and there you have it! just breathe deeply and enjoy! LOL! got a kick outta that! been a long week! most people look at me with dis-belief when i tell them i'm from Jersey,but grew up on a farm! "Theres farms in New Jersey"? is usually the question,which i usually respond by saying thats why its called the "Garden State" not Garbage" as commonly thought! there is still some pretty country in Jersey,but NYC is coming down the pike fast! i can't believe all the new development in the short few years since we moved down here..............................Mark

Hoboken is now mostly populated with what i beliveve they call "hipsters" now (douchebags) real "artsy-fartsy" stuff,not as much blue collar working neighborhoods anymore!......................Mark

• Like 1

Hoboken is now mostly populated with what i beliveve they call "hipsters" now (douchebags) real "artsy-fartsy" stuff,not as much blue collar working neighborhoods anymore!......................Mark

I was shocked to see they actually have a skyline of their own the last time I was in the city. Much of my construction career in the 80's was spent in Battery Park or the WTC. The only notable structure across the river back then was the Colgate clock. It looks like a small city now.

Easy! 1 part PSE&G re-generating plant,1 part Hess Oil Refinery,1 part Meadowlands standing water,1 part Anhueser-Busch brewery,mix all ingredients together,shake well! and there you have it! just breathe deeply and enjoy! LOL! got a kick outta that! been a long week! most people look at me with dis-belief when i tell them i'm from Jersey,but grew up on a farm! "Theres farms in New Jersey"? is usually the question,which i usually respond by saying thats why its called the "Garden State" not Garbage" as commonly thought! there is still some pretty country in Jersey,but NYC is coming down the pike fast! i can't believe all the new development in the short few years since we moved down here..............................Mark

Thanks for the recipe! It probably won't even combust when I shake it....

• Like 1

Jim

Hoboken for wild girls. When they still had the St Patricks parade we would march there with the pipe band and at the end we would always hang out at The Texas Arizona bar and the second you walk in there the girls are all over you. It was crazy and fantastic! lol :D

• Like 1