Brake lights

A hand valve (Trolly Brake, Johnson Brake or Johnny Bar) is fitted on the steering column or the instrument panel so the driver can apply the trailer service brakes independent of the towing vehicle’s brakes. When the hand valve and brake pedal are used at the same time, the trailer will receive the higher pressure. Using the brake pedal or hand valve sends air pressure through the trailer service line. This will activate the brake lights also, that is why I asked if the lights come on with johnny bar applied, if it does then you have to track down that issue if it does not come on then it is probably the switch or connection.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

And don't forget to check the bulbs - my uncle once started to check the brake switch in his car, just to se hours later, that all THREE bulbs were burned out! Good luck with the repair, and have a nice day

Paweł

Yeah bulbs first, then brake light switch but if there is no power at the brake light switch its a fuse/ circuit breaker or relay and yes there is a fuse or circuit breaker for the brake lights on your truck somewhere.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 4 weeks later...