Good,Bad,or Ugly

Not sure what I am going to do yet gonna do some more testing tomorrow but I am preparing for the worst with the Peterbilt. So far I've been told with the Cat it is a crank broke but I don't by it as it runs with power. Went and looked at an 07 CL733 I'll post the vin if anyone could look it up and see if it has had any problems or been a problem child. Really not much Mack to it Cummins,Eaton trans and Rockwell rears. But set up how I need and has a bigger bunk.

post-8266-0-07682600-1356998688_thumb.jp

post-8266-0-15431900-1356998748_thumb.jp

post-8266-0-47793100-1356998769_thumb.jp

post-8266-0-18844700-1356998789_thumb.jp

post-8266-0-12495800-1356998810_thumb.jp

post-8266-0-12253200-1356998829_thumb.jp

post-8266-0-24438600-1356998881_thumb.jp

Yeah the Pete has had it's problems but it's a 98 with just shy of 1million on the clock and been a heavy haul truck it's whole life. not sure if the crank is screwed. Antrim diesel and Alban Cat say so and they haven't looked at the truck. Kelly tractor in Miami says balancer as well as my dad. This is already set up,I just hate to get something else I don't know when I know what I can and can't do with the Pete. I run the hell out of it and it has never left me out to dry on the side of the road. It has bitched a few times but has always been good. When the economy tanked maintenece went down and now I am paying the price for not keeping up with it.

Hmm Cl with airride walking beam 46k rears, its definitely heavy suspension, have you check ed to see how the light weight compares, I would guess the CL will be heavier, they arent normally light trucks by any means, I bet itll do you right, but it might ride rougher than the pete with that heavy suspension.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Idk my Pete is about 29k Bobtail. I really wanted to go get a lightweight but they where not having it as they waited for me to get up there at 1430 when they wanted to leave at 1200. SOB is alittle taller then the Pete and I think the 5th wheel is alittle taller to. It rode differently and the sleeper is solid mounted. First thing is first need to find out what is wrong with the Pete before I go out and get another truck

It is also shorter,but the frame is alittle thicker but only Dbl where they stretched it. Idk why they just didn't order the truck with the right WB as it went from Mack to Bentz before it hauled it's first load.

Heres some set forward CH's that would work and save probably a couple thousand pounds on your light weight, would be a lot closer to the pete...

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=3800617

you would have to add the tag to these but for the money you could, the yellow one is geared a little high for heavy haul, also something that is fixable..

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=3936613

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=4064039

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=3678323

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

or go for broke and get this and swap the tag from your pete.....505hp and all the bells and whistles....

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=4053719

I'll have them weigh it if I get serious about it this week. Those other trucks are to light spec'd. The CL doesn't have a headache rack or the monstere I have so that will be lighter. I am just guessing on the weight but that is spec'd and geared more for what I want. Would like 4.33's but the 4.56's work. My Pete has heavier driveline. The Driveshaft is a hell of a lot bigger. even the axle housing looks bigger on the Pete.

I think that CL was a claiborne truck, they had a couple CL's with sleepers l;ike that and I think I remember a red one, they are in east TN near knoxville , call em and see if they can tell you anything about it.

http://www.claibornehauling.com/index.html

Claiborne was all Mack for years RD's,CH's,CL's,CV's and when the AI engines didnt perform in the granites and CH's, KW was making them some killer offers and they started buying KW's. I have been told that if Mack had trucks that ran like they used to they would go back but I dont know if they have tried the mew MP8 trucks yet.

I went and looked at a couple RD's they had before I bought my 84 Superliner, but I decided to go old school big truck(it didnt hurt it was about $50k cheaper).

I think thats the reason I kinda want this. I want a newer truck. Just do not want all the EGR crap. I'll probably keep the Pete and get it on the road again if it is a major problem. I want the headaches of getting bigger and getting drivers. Probably stroke out then but damnit only one way to find out.

Yeah I tried it, Im not cut out for employees I just wanted to kill someone all the time! one thing is for sure Claiborne takes care of their trucks so it should be in good shape but if you call and talk to the right person they will tell you why they got rid of it, I think they traded a couple of tractors and dumps at the same time to try out the KW's. I think they need to go back to the Macks with the MP8 go for 455hp in the dumps and 505 in the lowboys.

Well got unloaded and went to Cat. Confirmed Crank was broke. Never had a truck or anything run let alone pull with a broke crank. i want to go take a serious look at the Cl I looked at but my dad has other plans and not sure what we are doing with the motor. Bored to tears here in Hanover,Md.

Good luck with whatever you do, diesel parts direct or midwest diesel if you need to get a crank chepaer than Cat.

Damn that sucks.

however, if you do go with the CL, we will have more respect for you.

Really, I hope it works out better either way

Eh, not really....that CL is just a petercar in a Mack costume. Not a Mack part on the entire drive line.

$20K more will buy this: http://www.marketbook.ca/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=4002711&LP=TRK :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!