Myths and facts explained? -Air Ride vs Spring Suspension

dds92780

I paid 1170 out the door for mine. it was 890 or so , then 200 for shipping and then 80 to pay to have a broker from canada have it pass over us customs . (border control i guess) Mine is in grey. Trent you will LOVE the seat :)

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

I have driven in a few Pete's that had the seat so I hope my truck has the same feel. I just want arm rest and would like to swap from a hi back to mid back. Right now it hits my speaker when extended. On a side note I was in a truck last week that had the shock absorber removed from the seat. I have to say that it was a real soft ride on normal roads. Just had to much upward travel over big bumps. Absolutely no harsh jabs to your back or legs. It was pretty comfy...lol

Seat is good for me..one man's turd is anothers treasure!

. I see what you mean about it bottoms easy when in the range I would set a bostrom at. Wonder if I can adjust the bottom stops? Another thought was to see if a lower profile base is offered? Seams if it sat 1-2" lower it would be perfect. But its perfect for what I need...

post-17-0-07243100-1356751392_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-15597800-1356751438_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-85225500-1356751476_thumb.jpg

Good to hear. I actually just drove the truck for the first time today with the seat installed. I put it in the day I picked it up from you just never left the yard. Are you doing the aths meeting at your yard ths year? Hope you had a merry Christmas...

Trent

I think we are? Al would know better than I would. I am pretty sure I overheard the Big Guy setting up the catereing for the big event. I started working on that R-model I bought. It may be back in the shop by then, but I am not sure. Also ran across a Hendrickson Torpedo nose that I would like to aquire, but I do not want to part with any money right now.- Brad

I think we are? Al would know better than I would. I am pretty sure I overheard the Big Guy setting up the catereing for the big event. I started working on that R-model I bought. It may be back in the shop by then, but I am not sure. Also ran across a Hendrickson Torpedo nose that I would like to aquire, but I do not want to part with any money right now.- Brad

Yes,Trent & Brad the January 2013 NWIC-ATHS meeting will be at the "Storkshop" on the 19th.And if you drive a "Brand X" truck there, it could end up like this!post-510-0-12690800-1356798437_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I say camelback for any truck that sees on/off road use, as far as weight the light weight aluminum hanger sir ride is lighter, the heavy duty like the old neway is actually about the same weight, so says the scales at Hoover crushed stone anyway. On the seat I think I have decided on mid back low ride bostrom blue cloth, the seats are damn close to factory upholstery and you can add the armrest to the inboard side pretty easy, oh and I don't like hitting my head on the ceiling either. Oh yeah one more thing, if your rd doesn't have shocks on the rear suspension,add them it smoothes out the camelback hop nice.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I say camelback for any truck that sees on/off road use, as far as weight the light weight aluminum hanger sir ride is lighter, the heavy duty like the old neway is actually about the same weight, so says the scales at Hoover crushed stone anyway. On the seat I think I have decided on mid back low ride bostrom blue cloth, the seats are damn close to factory upholstery and you can add the armrest to the inboard side pretty easy, oh and I don't like hitting my head on the ceiling either. Oh yeah one more thing, if your rd doesn't have shocks on the rear suspension,add them it smoothes out the camelback hop nice.

Yes, the highbacks seem to take their toll on R-model upholstery.My truck was ordered with the low back ElDorado in cloth.I replaced my shocks religiously after I installed the urethane insulators/centers.Before that,they wouldn't last.Too much walk (side to side).

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"