B Assembly Question

Maybe someone can give me some help. With all of the pictures and notes taken during my disassembly, I failed to note the direction of the engine mount cross member. The truck is a B61 with the 673. There is a raised number in the casting. Does the number face front of truck or the rear? Any help would be great.

Dave

Maybe someone can give me some help. With all of the pictures and notes taken during my disassembly, I failed to note the direction of the engine mount cross member. The truck is a B61 with the 673. There is a raised number in the casting. Does the number face front of truck or the rear? Any help would be great.

Dave

I do believe it is the front, if we are talking about the cross member in front of the Balancer.

mike

If this is the mount right at the balancer, there should be a notch to give some extra room for the timing gear cover on the front of the motor.

When looking straight down at the crossmember you will see it is slightly different side to side.

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

i think its easier to say are the bolts in the front or the back of this crossmember.... in B62's and B68's with 540's and 464 i believe its the same crossmember just turned aound. in a B61 with 673 or 711 i believe the bolts, well nuts face the oil pan. in a gas job they face the radiator.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

The piece I am refering to is the actually crossmember in the frame, that the engine would sit on not the piece on the engine itself.

That is the one I am talking about. It has a little clearance for the timing gear cover.

Look straight down at the crossmember that goes from side to side and it should look different.

I needed a crossmember for my B75 and took it out of a B61 so I think we are talking apples to apples.

The round collar at the balancer then bolts to this crossmember.

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.