B61 fuel tank strap pad and hood mounts?

What do you all use for the tank straps pads I can only find 2 inch rubber?

What have you all used for the dome washer that goes on the inside of the hood? I bought some half dogs and they did not have that part.

I did get the front dog on and it looks good, I may get some pictures today.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

What do you all use for the tank straps pads I can only find 2 inch rubber?

What have you all used for the dome washer that goes on the inside of the hood? I bought some half dogs and they did not have that part.

I did get the front dog on and it looks good, I may get some pictures today.

Check with Watts Mack they have them, they are called cups for the MACK & bulldogs on the hood. they should have the rubber for the tanks and air cleaner.

I've used the rubber made for putting under fuel tank straps available from Mack or any other supplier.The trouble with using anything cloth based,like the stuff they used originally, is it will hold moisture and cause rusting.

That's right......that is why i'd use rubber to create a cushion. And it will probably be around longer than the provider.

mike

how many do you need?

Mike I need four for the half dogs, you can put it in that box of other goodies if you want. Today I was out and about with the Mrs and I went by my parts supplier and picked up an exhaust coupler he gave me a lead on a rubber supplier here in KC I am going to contact them if they dont have what I need I guess it will be Tractor Supply ratchet straps.

Robert

I went on the chase for tank strap rubber insulators, the rubber place that I was told about here in KC, went the way of the economy so I stopped by harbor freight, then wal-mart to check the prices on straps since I had already checked the other big box stores over the weekend. I bought a 30 ft x 2 inch yellow 10,000 strap and cut my pieces needed. While at wal-mart thought about getting the dye but changed my mind since my truck cab is yellow probably wont look that bad.

I also got a call from Cleveland Tank they had 10 ft by 1.75 inch rubber for $27.++ plus shipping. I asked if they had it in a continuous length they said no so that's why I passed, I would have liked the rubber but I am on a budget build.

My wife is getting tired of me spending money on the truck, she wants me to refocus the effort and funds to finishing the basement.

Robert