Obama vs. Ahmadinejad

Pawel

Howdy!

Today, while listening to the Polish radio, I hear a report, about a report (talk about credibility) on the Iranian radio. The Iranians said they polled people from the rural regions of the USA. Asked who they would vote for in presidential elections if Obama would be running against the president of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the majority of interviewed people went for Ahmadinejad. That just instantly made me think about this section of our Forums. What do you think about it? Thanks for reading, have a nice day

Paweł

....so an Iranian radio station reported that a majority of Americans, if given the choice, would vote for the Iranian president over Obama?

First of all, I doubt such a poll was ever taken in the US. Iran and the US are at odds on policy...a lot of which has to do with their nuclear ambitions. Iranian leaders (who no doubt control what is "reported" by their media outlets) want the Iranian people to think that the US people support what the Iranian government is doing...even if the US government doesn't like it.

My second thought on this is that even if that report were credible, it only gives credence to the "ANYBODY BUT OBAMA" attitude present around here. Nobody here knows who Ahmadinejad is unless they listen to talk radio....so it would be no different than asking whether they would prefer Obama or Mohammad Mouse (Mickey's muslim cousin). They both have foreign-sounding names.....

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Well, I don't really know the facts here. Just tell you how I heard it on the radio. And the poll is supposed to be taken in the rural areas of the USA (it's been reported this way, literally). Sounded a little unusual to me.

So I started to wonder - fired up google - came up with this (sorry, should'a done this right from the start):

http://hypervocal.com/news/2012/fars-news-agency-the-onion-iran/

And so the joke becomes official government news in Iran. Whoa! Have a nice day

Paweł

:lol: ...that was a possibility I hadn't even pondered.

It isn't just the Iranians that don't know satire, though....how many people here in the US actually think Sarah Palin said "I can see Russia from my house"? :rolleyes:

That was actually Tina Fey who said it on SNLwhile portraying Sarah Palin, who had ACTUALLY said that Russia can be seen from some places in Alaska (which is true...)

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Anything I have to say about those two assholes is mean and racially nasty and would probably get me tossed from the bmt forum, so ill take the high road here and just let my thoughts on those two jackasses to your imaginations!

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE