Pneumatic tire conversion kit

One of the AC Macks I bought for parts has these Pneumatic tire conversions on it made by Good Year

This is a late 20's early '30's conversion to replace solid tires with pneumatics.

The spoke wheel is cut off and machines to weld on the new flange to the spokes. The new inner rim and tire is than put on and than the outer tire and rim is bolted on.

Any body ever see an article or a booklet on his set up?

I know these are the true split rims and are a no no.

Paul

post-3242-0-41470200-1348709054.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I honestly have no clue. I'd like to see what fits and use them on the AC I'm restoring, it has 7.50 x 36 and 8.00 x 40 on it now. I'm spraying mine with PB Blaster and un inflated them to eventually get them apart and see what the rims look like. Kind of why I'd like to see a booklet on them. I contacted Good Year and they have no public accessible archives. I would think some where on the hard parts would be a patent number. Three of the tires are 8.25 x 20 one is 9.00 x 20 so OEM rim width would only be 6.5 inches and I can get new 8.25 x 20 tires from Miller Tire in OHIO. Don't know if 22.5 wheels would fit as replacements until it comes apart. DO NOT want to use the 30's true split rim wheels!!!

Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul, nice project.

Could I see at some place pictures of your AC(s)?

Vlad

Theres a few bad photos in my album here. I have never taken more of them other than parts location. Guess I should take a few more..

P.T.CHESHIRE

Good, would be in interest to look for.

By the word, I'm modelling AC Monogram at the moment.

How it's usual the moment is too long.

I started to built completely new chassis and met info troubles.

Couldn't realised central (under cab) crossmembers and pedal arrangement.

Although haven't enough time for, working on full-scale NR.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Good, would be in interest to look for.

By the word, I'm modelling AC Monogram at the moment.

How it's usual the moment is too long.

I started to built completely new chassis and met info troubles.

Couldn't realised central (under cab) crossmembers and pedal arrangement.

Although haven't enough time for, working on full-scale NR.

Vlad

I got a lot of detail drawings from Mack I can scan some up of the chassis and pedals and dig up pics of the parts disassembled on the floor. I did take photos of the parts in order of disassembly. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE