Damn Indicators

Hi. I've just started a new job driving an old not much loved '90 R series Mack. Awesome old girl but the indicators stay solidly on. Where the hell is the flasher unit on these trucks pleeeeeease? I've ripped half the dash apart and looked everywhere. All I have found is the indicator relay by following the clunk sound lol. She's a good truck but been messed with plenty so the flasher probably isnt where it was but I need a start point.

Thnx Rob.

If it isn't the flasher unit, than the turn signal indicators staying on is more than likely feed back through a poor ground. The circut is using the lights for a return path, could a bad ground on the instrument panel or in the signal /4 way flasher or even the brake light circut.Do all the turn signal, parking lights and tail lights work and are any exceptionally brighter or dimmer than normal look there too. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

There is a turn light relay (on my R688 of 1988). It locates behind "glove" compartment door, right side. My one is red.Relay has 2 pins only, of a flat kind. It interrupts the current making intervals. The one in my truck conteins real ingeneer genius, it provides pauses by mechanical system with a little flywheel. If you change the relay by a piece of wire it works as constant turn light. Previous owner of my truck drived her for some monthes (or maybe years) making pulsations by hand :)

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012