Richie Bros Auction? Anyone been or bought anything?

I go to theRichie bros auction in Ft Worth TX,best run auction I have ever been to,the Richie people seem to go out of there way to help you.I like the way they set all the truck up and have them running.The truck I look at seem to bring a fair price,but some guys sem to get caught up in the auction and pay way to much,I don t think Richie Bros play any games with the bidding.I also think that the buyer premium is real fair

AL

Just be sure you are aware of the buyer's premium placed on lots of $2500 or less. The 10% premium catches people off guard sometimes. Ritchie Brothers is decent but you really must be aware of what you're buying. I've seen a lot of old and worn-out items that barely make it across the bidders ramp. RB has a whole staff of helpers that do whatever they can to get the vehicle across the ramp. I've watched them drive trucks across with brakes locked up, parts dragging, etc. Their website usually has a bunch of decent photos of all parts of the item.

I bought a few trucks from Ritchie. normally nice people except once. I bought a heavy spec R700 from internet. I had it on my bill. It have been credited and went back to auction within a few minutes. Before I can notice and understand what was happening it was sold to one of the biggest truck dealer of the province. called them and nothing to do. that's the way it was...

post-44-0-66864600-1347537011_thumb.jpg

Tried to buy a trailer once.flew up to Atl and got to the auction site. Found the trailer, was gonna start at noon for trailers. Went inside and came out at 11. trailer was already sold. said they announced it but never heard anything.Just watch the times. and listen for early sales.

I watched the last auction in Northeast Maryland on the computor here awhile back, seemed like prices were down this time. A clean 94 CH day cab tractor with 130 some thousand miles on went for 11K, two 99 CH sleepers went for 7K each. And ya, watch out for that buyers premium.

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

• 2 weeks later...