E9 engine

PBean

I guess I could have looked at the pictures too quickly.

It just looked like a plus 3 cab with steel dash which I had never seen before. The cab back looks more rounded than than a flat back normally does.

In the previous post from skip, he has seen the large cab with steel dash in Australia.

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I agree it looks rounded but its not a +3 I had to take a second and third look too. Look behind the grab handle on the side of my truck in the attatched pic, there is a body line that runs vertically down the +3 cab behind the grab handle it blends in near the bottom of the door and the body line under the window, that is where the std. cab started to round to the back wall they put it there to show off the extra room. I have heard of steel dash +3 cabs in AU too but never seen one I dont know if they are a myth or not, it would be cool though those old dashes are neat kindof make the truck feel like a truck when its all steel. I would love to have that truck and I wont to see it in person when its done Im sure it will be perfect from what I can see there.

post-5240-0-63277900-1348885349_thumb.jp

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I have known of early cabs (CA36etc.)to have been repaired/rebuilt using the rear wall section of a later cab, (I think that is a CA492). Could this be the case here?

That might explain the missing vertical rib at the lower grab handle area that is noticable on the later cab, that Superdog is talking about.

Or did the earliest of the later cab, say 1973/74, have the early/steel dash, and no vertical rib at the lower grab handle location?

Could a cab serial No. date this cab to about the time Mack released the bigger cab?

The cab above on the R719 is definatley a bigger cab, call it what you want but it is a bigger cab. Along the bottom of the rear wall were the row of bolts is in the angled section at the cab mount location, well an early cab would be straight up vertical from there, on this cab its not, it's a big cab.

Edited by veeight