value of 1928 Mack AB

I recently bought a fire truck from a beer distributor in N.J. They had a truck just like yours......they said they paid quite a bit for it.....but who knows what they mean by quite a bit......I will say this.....your truck is in far better shape than theirs.....im not sure they could have fit another bucket under it !! Yours is a beauty......i'll one up yarnall and go 2600.........What would that get me?...the tires?

While so many ABs (produced from 1914 to 1936) had solid rubber tires, its interesting that yours had pneumatic tires. Whether it left the factory with that option or was converted later, it's a plus. But it's difficult to come up with a figure based on your limited information. You haven't presented any information on the condition of the drivetrain. If it's a static display of sorts and the drivetrain has never been delved into under your ownership, that important aspect is as much a mystery to the prospective owner as it is to you.

If, for example, your AB had been restored by someone respected (e.g. Pfahl Mack Restorations), then the receipts and documentation on the work done would very much help to determine the value while clarifying its mechanical state without question.

Without knowing more, I agree with Yarnall that a guess is $25,000 (plus or minus $10,000 depending on the condition of the drivetrain).

I have the original build sheet from THE MACK MUSEUM, it was built with pneumatic tires. The truck was originally sold to Lyman Coal Co. in August of 1928. The drivetrain is immaculate and original, it runs probably as it did when new. Two things not original are the electric horn button, but i put the original mechanical horn on and the updraft carburetor had an exhaust recirculation butterfly on it and that is still missing