Moving a 1924 Maxim to the Keystone Tractor Museum

fxfymn

There was a thread about the Keystone Tractor Museum recently, so I thought there might be some interest in these photos. We moved a 1924 Maxim pumper on my truck and trailer to the museum that was purchased from a deceased club member's collection. The museum will display it to show what an original fire truck looks like before restoration.

As the other thread said if you haven't seen the collection you really need to get there. Quite the collection of trucks, tractors, fire apparatus, and even cars.

post-2016-0-17164100-1345987956_thumb.jp post-2016-0-40083400-1345988019_thumb.jp

post-2016-0-81099500-1345988119_thumb.jp post-2016-0-28316500-1345988180_thumb.jp

post-2016-0-29251200-1345988312_thumb.jp

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I don't know the tire size, but one of the few things the previous owner completed on the truck was to equip it with brand new tires.

I'll plead ignorance on the White Bash; what is it?

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

are you going to the White Bash next weekend? I'm hoping to make it down there again.

I'm trailering my cousins 3000 to it. We'll be there mid friday. It's dark green with Balintine Beer gold leaf lettering. My Marmon will be in the lot. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That fire chief's car in the museum looks veeery KooL!

Yep, it looks super, but according to the museum manager it has the "blonde" syndrome; all looks and no depth. He claimed the engine was dropped in without proper motor mounts and it will torque right out of the frame if you let it. It's a shame, because it would be a cool driver to take to shows and parades.

The 55 Chevy next to the truck is the cleanest 55 I have ever seen. What a beautiful ride.