My rant

mike69mackman

Just read an article in the local paper highlighting the "professionals" who relocated to shippensburg to work in the office at the Volvo construction plant. Why not highlight the other professionals instead, you know the folks actually working for a living putting the product together and shipping it out giving the suit and tie set their lazy ass cushy jobs!! Trucking mags are just as bad . They interview the ceo's and managers but not the folks who make it happen , the drivers,mechanics,dock workers etc. truckers news and overdrive are about the only ones that don't mind talking to us rank and file folks. Sorry for the rant but that story rubbed me wrong.

Glad to see you getting riled up a bit! I was told by a doctor that its a sure sign of healing. You are right about how most don't give credit to the actual people in the pits. One magazine I get has a monthly column called "I was there" strictly the line workers and such from the Auto and Truck plants experiences. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Not even 8 o'clock and you already got a bug up yer ass.

Good to hear you are doing well.

Don't believe it, but I have to agree with OD Fight the good fight :thumb:

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Ed's my new hero and mentor since Rob abandoned us, and when randyp's not around, but don't tell him that.

You need the official hat to be one of my followers

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

send me the blueprints, and i'll make one. I already have heavy duty wreynolds wrap.

Got the plans and it works! Protected all my Baby Tuna from the Secret Bar B Que alien emissions.

post-3242-0-42277500-1345153049_thumb.jp

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

One would hope that management would instinctively give credit to the blue collar folks at some point in the interview. Didn't happen I guess.

Most management seems to have an instinct for taking credit for themselves in order to advance. It does not seem that most management has an instinct for crediting hourly employees except when it is to the company's or management's benefit to do so. There are exceptions and those managers are the best.

Man that looks good!!

From the ocean to the grill. Cleaned and gutted and filled with taters, carrots and onions. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE