Papa Needs Help:

This is Vinny's Papa.We need some help. Our old cab is wired for an Eaton antilock brake system,the replacement cab is not.I am not familiar with this system.The book says there are front and rear axle sensors.Our twin rear was replaced with a single axle.I do not know what the sensors look like or if the single even had one.Is this system necessary on our truck? If so what do the sensors look like, and where are they located? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,Matt

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Hi Matt and great to see you post. Be rid of any remnants of that system. They were a constant troublemaker.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

We just replaced a rear spring pack on a International with that system. My in-house brain surgeon panicked when he cut the wires while cleaning years of grime off the axle housing. I let him suffer for a few minutes of angst, then I just reached over the frame and starting yanking it all out. Throw it away.