Does Anyone Have the Code for Maxidyne Gold Paint?

umodelnut

Hi guys, I just talked to Papa on the phone and he says the cab is very close to coming off. He just has to do a few things here and there and then he said he would like to pressure wash the motor and "transmission" to get it ready to paint. We would like to paint both gold because thats what they originally would be. Papa was wondering if anyone had the Maxidyne gold paint code. It would prolly have to be the paint that takes the heat so it wont burn when the motor is running right? Please help, it would be appreciated. Thank you, Vinny

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Yeah, a tranny - that's what people used to say here, until a wife of a certain member (another funny word!) told him it's too ambiguous (having more than one meaning) :)

Anyhow, as for the paint type - I don't think it has to be heat - resistant. About the only parts that get a lot hotter than boiling water are the exhaust manifold and the turbocharger, and you ain't going to paint them anyway. But I'd say the paint should be, to some degree, oil resistant - chack that with the paints dealer. Good luck with your project, have a nice day

Paweł

• Like 1

Great - now we are talking about "members".

Members of BMT right?

By the way of contacting BMT members I also contacting the CROSS MEMBERS of the frame,

and usualy do it with a hammer instead a keyboard.

Vinny, just try to scratch a piece of paint from a good protected area - somewhere under the lay of greese and where was not extremely hot.

I suppose a common acrilic body paint is workable on an engine excepting exhaust.

So you can order a clousest color mix.

If you want to use anything cheaper just try a paint shop though with a piece of the color.

Vlad

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

By the way of contacting BMT members I also contacting the CROSS MEMBERS of the frame,

and usualy do it with a hammer instead a keyboard.

Vinny, just try to scratch a piece of paint from a good protected area - somewhere under the lay of greese and where was not extremely hot.

I suppose a common acrilic body paint is workable on an engine excepting exhaust.

So you can order a clousest color mix.

If you want to use anything cheaper just try a paint shop though with a piece of the color.

Vlad

Thats what I was thinking we would do. We have a paint store called NAPA, they have lots of paint. We were thinking of going and finding a very close color.

And thank you Pawel again. You have a terrific day too. :twothumbsup:

I've used spray can Dupli-Color DE1604 Universal Gold for touch up on maxidyne components. Its a pretty close match. Plus it has ceramic resins in it to help in heat resistance up to 400 or 500 degree F. If you want an exact match you should take a clean flake, chip, or part to an automotive paint supply store. They should be able to set you up with a paint system ie compatible primer and paint and match the maxidyne gold perfect. I just rebuilt last winter a 1950 Packard 288 straight eight engine for a guy. I used Omni(PPG) Epoxy Primer with Omni(PPG) MAE Acrylic Enamel that I mixed to match the original Packard engine color. It has held up and I was told that it would hold up to use on all engines with the exception being exhaust parts ie turbo's,manifolds,pipes etc.

• Like 1

I've used spray can Dupli-Color DE1604 Universal Gold for touch up on maxidyne components. Its a pretty close match. Plus it has ceramic resins in it to help in heat resistance up to 400 or 500 degree F. If you want an exact match you should take a clean flake, chip, or part to an automotive paint supply store. They should be able to set you up with a paint system ie compatible primer and paint and match the maxidyne gold perfect. I just rebuilt last winter a 1950 Packard 288 straight eight engine for a guy. I used Omni(PPG) Epoxy Primer with Omni(PPG) MAE Acrylic Enamel that I mixed to match the original Packard engine color. It has held up and I was told that it would hold up to use on all engines with the exception being exhaust parts ie turbo's,manifolds,pipes etc.

Sweet, thank you, I'll tell Papa that too.

Hey Vin

If there is a small part you could bring in to a paint supply shop they may be able to use their fancy computers to match the paint for you. They work through light/optical method and can get pretty close.

• Like 1